Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nov. 28 Crop & Chat

+8
redd1977
scrappyshel
jillybean66
mmeier
911 scrapper
BabyDoll3
Deanna
Berta
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nov. 28 Crop & Chat Empty Nov. 28 Crop & Chat

Post  Berta Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:20 pm

Hey everyone!! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
It's not really Winter yet but it's on it's way! And in many places it feels like it's already here. I love the holidays and some of the activities that come with the season. But there's one thing about winter that I really don't love...it's COLD!! My challenge this weekend is for you to do a layout about the winter season. Anything that makes YOU think Winter (what you love, what you hate, an activity or even the scenery). I know this is a busy weekend for a lot of you. I will be putting up decorations so I'll be in and out. Hope you all can still find a little bit of scrappy time. You have until Sunday at midnight PST to finish this.

Here's my example.

Nov. 28 Crop & Chat 1150
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Nov. 28 Crop & Chat Empty Re: Nov. 28 Crop & Chat

Post  Deanna Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:21 pm

That's a great challenge and layout, Berta! We even had some snow last week! chicken
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyDoll3 Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:35 pm

thats a great layout! i would love to try this maybe is i get some energy tomorrow.
BabyDoll3
BabyDoll3
Making Friends
Making Friends

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:39 pm

Berta - great challenge - I have the perfect pictures for my layout!!!! michelle m - Love your page!!!
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2014
BLOG: : http://michelle-imaginethat.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  mmeier Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:01 pm

What a very pretty page!!
Love the challenge, not sure I will get to it but we will see!
mmeier
mmeier
Sally Swing
Sally Swing

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Not sure if I can make the deadline either...Awesome page Berta!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:34 pm

What a fun layout and great challenge!!!

We also have a busy weekend ahead.... lots of stuff going on.... I'm gonna hope for some scrappy (or other project) time this weekend after I got a little tonight.....

Another HORRID day at work today... just need to go to bed and start again in the morning!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:39 pm

I'm back and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving gathering and dinner at my Tammy's.

I will try to get this done. I have some great pictures if I can find the time. I am so tired so gonna head for bed tonight and work on this tomorrow.
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:14 pm

I didn't get anything else done today either. I'm going to bed now too!!
I did spend a little time reading some of my latest scrap mags. But reading just makes me sleepy! Night all! I'll check back in tomorrow!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:55 am

Great challenge and layout Berta!!!

We went to our city's Christmas kick-off celebration tonight, saw Santa (stood in line in the freezing cold for FORTY MINUTES!!!) and wached fireworks, Austin was asleep soon as his head hit the pillow! I tried to get a couple things finished but I gave up...I have to be up in four hours for tomorrow's craft sale, so I am off to bed to get as much sleep as I can! Will talk to you ladies tomorrow evening...hopefully I can get my mom to let me stop and print a couple photos from tonight to do this challenge!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:24 am

Morning everyone!

Good luck at the craft sale today Steph.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:35 am

Hope everyone has a great day, good luck today Steph at your craft sale...can't wait to hear all about it!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:24 am

Nice job Berta I hope to get this done
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:19 am

Mornin' girlies!!! BUSY morning already in the Crumby home.... Emily and I went to the PO (Tammy, Michelle, Denise, and Janice.... your goodies are on the way!)..... gassed up the van.... went to Wal Mart for Christmas and MOSTLY food shopping.... came home, put everything away, put laundry in..... cleaned some..... moved furniture.... and got all the Christmas decor out.... it's in boxes in my LR now LOL.

Plus... just keeping an eye on Nathan.... he's had tummy troubles through the night and all day yesterday..... aaackkk.... so far so good this morning, but still not letting him eat too much.

Check in on my next break!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:49 pm

Good morning! It's still morning here for another few minutes! We've got a craft sale going on this weekend too. Would like to peek in for a few minutes. Debating if I want to fight the Saturday crowd or wait til tomorrow when it's quieter. Got some challenges I want to work on and can't wait to dig into the DT kit.
Hope your sale is successful, Steph. Is it a 1 or 2 day sale? Hope you can stay awake!!
I've got laundry going and I had a few dishes to do but that's it for work today. I decided to wait til the girls get home to start putting up Christmas. They really want to help.
OK, I'm off to see what kind of scrappy trouble I can get into. Happy Saturday you all!!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:54 pm

Well here is mine. So happy I was able to get it done.Sorry it caught the glair.
Nov. 28 Crop & Chat Sherri_pics_075
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:12 pm

Woohoo, Sherri, that looks great! Oh man, I wish we'd get snow here once in a while. We get a little sprinkling about once every 10 years. I don't like cold but I could handle a day or two just to see the snow. Glad you were able to do the challenge Sherri.

Way to go Michelle...you've been busy! I wish I had my Christmas up only I wish someone else besides me was putting it up...LOL!!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:31 pm

Great page Sherri...glad you got it done...hope to get to do some scrapping tonight!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:37 pm

Sherri you stinker... I could have used those photos too. lol! Great layout. I need to get mine done. Been busy here.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:00 pm

Great layout Sherri!!

Today did not go well! I only sold $13 worth of stuff...all small stuff...$1 here, $2 there. It was loooong day, my mom and I were both checking the time like very twenty minutes, lol. It was only a 1 day sale, we were done at 3pm. I do *maybe* have an order or 50 Christmas cards...a lady came right at the end while I was packing up and flipped through my cards, and she took my number and said she would call m in the next couple days to let me know if it was a go or not! If she does that would be awesome and at least make the day worth it!! My mom has another sale tomorrow with her friend, but not me, I am staying home and scrapping some NON craft sale stuff for a change! The next one I have is a two day one on the 12th and 13th of December.

I am going to try and get to bed early tonight, and tomorrow I am going to go get photos printed at WalMart so I can work on the challenge!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Sorry Steph, that your fair sales didn't go so well. Hope that lady gives you an order that would be awesome! I was able to get my page scrapped for this challenge..needed some glue on stuff, so it is drying, will upload tomorrow. Off to bed girls...hope you all have some wonderful scrappy dreams!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:01 pm

Sorry it didn't go as well as hoped Steph. I bet geting so little sleep didn't help your mood either. Here's hoping that lady will call! And that your next sale will go better. You really deserve a break!
Jill can't wait to see your LO!
I got 2 LO's done today. I have been totally wasting time...and it feels good!!! I don't even feel guilty. I know starting Monday it's going to be busy, busy, busy until I get all the Christmas stuff done. May have to go with DH tomorrow to pick up the girls if DS is still feeling bad. He's got a cold but still has to work his night job as a dispatcher for the sherrif's dept. So we'll see how he feels when he gets home in the morning.
I think I'm going to go fall asleep to a Christmas movie...night all!!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:36 am

Good morning everyone. I hope we all wake up to a good mood and a wonderful day.

I am going to work on my LO this afternoon. Right now I have some work to finish up on.

Steph, sorry your craft sales weren't that good yesterday but I am hoping that lady calls you. That would be great.

Berta, I hope your DS is feeling better this morning. I just noticed your layout and its beautiful.

Yeah, Jill you are so crafty at night time. I wish I could stay up and do it then. I like scrappin during the daylight hours or at night with a group.

Well I better get busy here. Talk to you all later.

Last edited by redd1977 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:53 am

Michelle C. - can I have just a little bit of your energy!!! You got alot accomplished!!! - Sherri, I love your page - the colors are great with your photo - looking at it made me wish for just a little bit of snow!!! Steph - I hope that lady calls - You got to hang out with your mom, though!! I love going to craft sales/fairs -

Our little one is still sleeping - and it's 9:45am!! What is up with that? My dh and I are each on a computer - lol! It is so quiet right now - going to get our tree today, decorate, make cookies and scrap, scrap, scrap! I have had the last 5 days off from "return to work so I am stronger/boot camp" - starts again tomorrow - 3 1/2 hours - then on Friday - I see my occupational health MD and he is going to give me my "end of healing" exam/report - I need to lift alot of weight for my return to work fitness test - I mean alot, and I don't think that I am going to be able to do it - I should think positive - but, if it's not possible to return to work as a 911 paramedic - I would love to use my skills in the hospital setting - I miss the pre-hospital medicine/fast thinking and moving - just all of it - I get sad when I think back to my job just a year ago = then I have the whole issue with the male co-worker thing going on - all I know is that I am not going back to that employer - sad, after 7 1/2 years - oh well - life goes on - other than that - I need more coffee!!!! chat with you all later!! michelle m cheer cheer cheer
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2014
BLOG: : http://michelle-imaginethat.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:27 am

These are the only snow pictures I have from a few years ago
Nov. 28 Crop & Chat DSC_0349