Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5/24 Crop & Chat

+12
redd1977
Berta
Pinky
Scrappin Amy
Deanna
Babydoll2699
jillybean66
Tammyscraps
Willow
stephster17
TrishD
nessaellen
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

5/24 Crop & Chat - Page 4 Empty Re: 5/24 Crop & Chat

Post  Deanna Sun May 25, 2008 10:00 pm

Beautiful page, Penny! Left some love in the gallery! flower

Here's a tribute page about our doggie, Katie -
http://sassyscrapbooksisters.byethost13.com/displayimage.php?pos=-1481
5/24 Crop & Chat - Page 4 Katie
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  walkawalkadog Sun May 25, 2008 10:25 pm

Even more lovely pages then the last time I looked! It can be really hard to pull up those sad times but I'm so happy you all are scrapping the memories. In my life some of the most difficult pages to scrap are the ones I love the most! Great jobs ladies!
walkawalkadog
walkawalkadog
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 909
BLOG: : http://christinascreativecorner.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sun May 25, 2008 10:52 pm

Wow! Awesome pages ladies!!

We ended up going to my friend's place...did not plaster, lol, but spent the afternoon hanging out. It was nice, Austin got to burn some energy! Now back to my newsletter folding, my mom will be here to pick them up tomorrow Rolling Eyes
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Mon May 26, 2008 6:55 am

These pages are all so beautiful ladies...I was out with the kids all day and went to sleep last night!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  GoingForGreatness Mon May 26, 2008 7:30 am

No scrappin' for me this weekend! We've been running around doing parades and events with our WW2 vehicles and field hospital and today, after my husband gets back from the last parade of the weekend, we're having a BBQ here and I REALLY need to get stuff ready!
I hope to scrap something tonight Smile Maybe.. if I'm lucky!!!
Hope you are all having a great Memorial day weekend!!
GoingForGreatness
GoingForGreatness
Poor Cinderella
Poor Cinderella

Number of posts : 218
BLOG: : http://goingforgreatness.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-03-16

http://thescrapdragons.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny Mon May 26, 2008 7:41 am

great page Deanna!
Penny
Penny
Poor Cinderella
Poor Cinderella

Number of posts : 197
BLOG: : http://penny-randomthoughts.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Mon May 26, 2008 7:50 am

I finally found pictures that I'm going to scrap for this challenge!! lol Never had so much trouble finding pictures before! Hoping to get at least a couple pages done today. Not too much going on here, just some yard work!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Mon May 26, 2008 8:27 am

Penny wrote:great page Deanna!

Thanks Penny! flower
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Mon May 26, 2008 9:27 am

So may beautiful pages here. Awesome layouts ladies. :D
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Mon May 26, 2008 10:12 am

Don't have any pictures of people who have past...I am missing a ton of pictures and can't seem to find them of my other kids when they were little etc...so I was lucky to find these pictures of when my present husband was my boyfriend and this is the first time we had a weekend alone, in our favorite place to go...Montauk...this was in 1993.
5/24 Crop & Chat - Page 4 Med_gallery_2324_480_469899
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Mon May 26, 2008 10:47 am

WOW! Awesome photos, Jill! flower
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Mon May 26, 2008 11:10 am

Anyone have an awesome tips for a stubborn child who will not go on the potty??? We have tried pull-ups and he pees in them like diapers. Now he is in underwear and peed on himself twice and begging for pull-ups...next now he won't wear the underwear, and is just wearing plastic pants...but still no luck of him going on the potty....I would love to have him just have a success...well now he has gone in the plastic pants and still doesn't want to wear underwear...my other kids at least would put there underwear on, but not this one..the temper and stubborness is just amazing! Well this will be my day...wish me luck and if you have any tips...thanks!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Mon May 26, 2008 12:52 pm

Sorry Jill, I wish I could help! Austin is at the potty training stage too and I am not having much success either, though doesn't sound like I am having quite s much trouble as you...he will go, just not often, once a week maybe. I am trying not to push it though.

More great page posted! You ladies are rocking this challenge...maybe I can finally get to it tonight now thatall these blasted newsletters are folded! We are heading downtown to visit a friend for the afternoon Smile
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Willow Mon May 26, 2008 12:53 pm

I can't begin to say how touched I've been by your layouts, ladies. Thanks for sharing these special memories with all of us.
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Number of posts : 3896
BLOG: : www.vsws.typepad.com
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Mon May 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Glad you got your newsletters folded Steph...have a fun trip downtown...so far one success...yipeeee!!! But still doesn't want to wear clothes, we need to push him, because even though he is very delayed they are making him go to kindergarten in September, it is all so stressful and if I say no to it, then he loses all services.

I love all the pages posted so far, and left everyone some love, hope you girls can crank out some more...will be watching for them
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Mon May 26, 2008 2:38 pm

Jill did you try some kind of reward system? Also I read somewhere if you give them a special space with the potty, or a special book that they can bring with them to the potty? Sorry, it's been a long time since I had to potty train!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Mon May 26, 2008 2:39 pm

I'm so happy to finally get this challenge done! These are pictures of my husband with his dad.

5/24 Crop & Chat - Page 4 Likefather

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Mon May 26, 2008 2:50 pm

aawww....wonderful page, Tammy! flower
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Mon May 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Great page Tammy!!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Mon May 26, 2008 6:10 pm

Thanks guys!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Mon May 26, 2008 7:03 pm

Oh Jill, that stinks! I wasn't sure how old he was. Yay for one success though! Just try not to get too stressed about it, cause he will pick up on it and will be even more difficult...I know that is not easy though!

My trip downtown was good, we had a visit with a friend, helped her do some work outside her house since there are painters there scraping paint off the outside so they can paint. It was kinda fun, we got to have a good chat too which we don't do nearly as often as we used to. Dropped off the newsletters with my mom, yay!! Came home a voice mail message that has kinda thrown me for a loop though, so I am feeling a little "off" tonight. Might try and scrap anyways...although if I do get the challenge done I won't be able to post since I left my camera at my friend's house Rolling Eyes Going to make a sandwich for supper and get Austin to bed and see what happens from there!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Mon May 26, 2008 10:37 pm

My boy has been going to early intervention now for two years, but I would compare him with a three year old...my other boys trained around 3 - 3 1/2..but this one is so darn stubborn!

Well now steph...that voice mail sounds intriguing.....!!! Hope you have some time to scrap!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Tue May 27, 2008 12:11 pm

We are in the Early Intervention program as well. Austin was going to speech therapy, and he had an infant development person that was visiting every couplde weeks...unfortunately she found out just after Christmas that she has cancer and had to take a leave. We were so sad, she was wonderful. She is back to work now, though still doing treatments, but since Austin is 3 now he doesn't qualify for the infant development anymore anyways. We now have a family support person through them who has been really awesome and has helped us out by being an advocate for me while dealing with the system here, which has been nice...I have a really hard time standing up for myself against those people! Anyways, it is an awesome program, I am so glad we were referred to them!

Ugh...the voicemail...kind of a long story but basically my friend set me up on kind of a date last weekend with guy she works with. I agree to it and went...things have not been great with Brian for a very long time and I am just getting tired of feeling like I am wasting my life waiting for him to get his act together. Well, Brian was here on Saturday and I told him about it and well...reality sucks! (for him, lol) So, the voicemail I got when I got home yesterday was that he is leaving town tomorrow and I need to make arrangements for my dog! Which was very upsetting, the last time we "made arrangements" for the dog, the jerk we left him with gave him away!! We just got him back after Christmas and I have been taking Austin to visit him so he is now attached to him, and it was just very upsetting to think we would have to go through all of that again. BUT, he called me again last night and is now thinking of taking the dog with him...which would be better. We will see what ends up happening, things are definitely going to be different around here soon though...which is a good thing!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Tue May 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Steph, sounds like you are taking steps to go forward in life, even if Brian doesn't. Austin sounds alot like my little boy, he went to a school based program for a year 5 days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day plus got all his therapy...speech, OT and PT...he also goes in the summer too. Last year they decided that he wasn't progressing enough, so now he has been going a full school day...6 hours a day and 5 days a week, they even provide the mini bus to get there and I have to say the progress is so much better. He has been really trying alot this holiday weekend to use the potty...so we are happy with that. Now the only thing he does that is a riot is that he takes off his clothes before he even gets to the bathroom...lol. I guess I should try to get a picture of that!! Wishing you and Austin the best and you need to scream the loudest when it comes to your child...I have gotten very good at that...you can too!!

So seeing the new man again...or not for you????
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Tue May 27, 2008 8:39 pm

Oh yeah, Austin had an evaluation with the Physical Therapist too. At the time they said he didn't need to see her regularly, but that he had "lax ligaments" in his legs...his feet flopped when he walked, lol. I started getting him to walk whenever we were making short trips to town and I think he is ok now...we are waiting for an appointment to get another evaluation done to check. The speech therapy really helped him, even though he only got half of the appointments he was supposed to...the speech therapist had to resign and they have just got replacement, but since it was so long that they didn't have one they bumped the children with hearing impairment to the top of the waiting list, which seems fair enough to me. Plus, I think Austin is doing just fine anyways!! I also take him to a program called Strong Start that is preparation for going to school...we don't go often cause it is an early morning thing and we aren't very good at early mornings, lol! But we try to go once in a while, if nothing else just to get him to interact with other children his age.

Hmmm, the new man, lol! He is great, I would really like to see him again, but I have no idea what is happening. The date was not really a date...he came bowling with me, my friend, and a few kids for a birthday thing for Austin, hen we all went for lunch. And ummm, we did not talk to each other, lmao!! We are both very shy and it was just kind of awkward the whole thing. I have been bugging my friend all week to get me another date...a real date, but she is being weird about it. I did run into him in the grocery store yesterday, he was with a girl, but he was acting weird (like he had his hand on her back and removed it real quick when he saw me). I stopped and chatted for a second before Austin started running off on me, lol. I asked my friend about the girl and she doesn't know who it would have been...he was the one bugging them to set him up with someone cause he is lonely, so I am confused Rolling Eyes But, I figure if nothing comes of it, at least the whole situation got me seriously thinking about things and looking at my life and where it was going and making some decisions. And he won't admit it, but it is a good thing for Brian too. He told me last night he is leaving because he needs to "reevaluate his life" which is good, cause he really does. We both do.
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down