Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5/24 Crop & Chat

+12
redd1977
Berta
Pinky
Scrappin Amy
Deanna
Babydoll2699
jillybean66
Tammyscraps
Willow
stephster17
TrishD
nessaellen
16 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

5/24 Crop & Chat - Page 5 Empty Re: 5/24 Crop & Chat

Post  Scrappin Amy Wed May 28, 2008 2:34 pm

Jill, Spencer was late potty tranining too I thought cause my other 2 kids
did it by 2 years and he was almost 4....they told me kids are potty training
later now cause there are not as many stay at home moms as the old days.
Moms are so busy trying to keep families afloat and take care of home, and work.
But Im a stay at home mom and I had troubles too....lol
He just hated underware ! I bought all kinds of fun pictures on them, gave him
goodies for going, used a timer and made him go every hour on the hour.....nothing...lol
Then one day I said please potty for me.....he said.....how much will you pay me !!! Shocked LOL!!
I said one quarter everytime you go......and off we went !! He would still forget to do it
sometimes but it worked....he would even sit there trying on days he knew we would be
going to Walmart trying to get money.....lol
For the underware....we woulnt waer them cause he had pullups.....so we put them in our
room and told him Walmart dont make them anymore !! He didnt ask for them again cause
he didnt think there was any !!! He potty tried in about 2 weeks and fully in about 4 weeks.
Its been about 7-8 months now and not one accident !!!
Not sure it will work for all kids but thats what we had to finally try Smile
Good luck cause with school breathing down your neck I know its got to be crazy.
Have you tried asking him why he wont or what it will take for him to potty in the potty ??
Scrappin Amy
Scrappin Amy
Owner and Design Team Member
Owner and Design Team Member

Number of posts : 4701
BLOG: : http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Thu May 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Amy, he is not even at that level of communication to tell us what he wants in order to get the job done...he did well a few days ago went 5 times but he had to go back to school, so he only went once yesterday and today 2 times....OMG is he stubborn and angry, throwing things in a fit...finally he went cause I wouldn't cut up the fruit he wanted I told him you do what I want you to do and then I will do what you want me to do...well at least it worked twice today, but we have a very, very long way to go.

Steph...sounds like Austin is doing really great the fact that he could even answer your interview questions puts him light years ahead of my Nicky...sounds like you have all positive things happening all around...got to keep those vibes going...the new chant "change is great for 2008"...LOL!!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Thu May 29, 2008 10:09 pm

Yay for five times in one day, that is awesome! Not so awesome that school is interfering...do they not help with things like that while he is there? Seems a little silly on their part to be pushing you to get it done but not reenforcing it while he is with them, ya know?

Austin has really improved by leaps and bounds over the last few months. I have to admit though, I was never realy concerned about his development, I thought he was doing just fine considering our situation...it was just the two of us at home all day everyday, and while I do get a little crazy sometimes I don't talk to myself, lol, so he was not hearing a lot of conversation at home to learn from. Of course they ignored me and we ended up with all the appointments and therapists, but it DID help, so I am glad...though some days I wish to go back in time and have him NOT TALK!! LOL!! I even have bus drivers telling me, wow he sure has turned into a little chatterbox, lol!

Change is great for 2008...Change is great for 2008...Love it! LOL!! :D
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Fri May 30, 2008 7:45 pm

School is great, that he goes to now it is the public school that is pushing for it, cause they don't want to spend the money to send him out if district. Were he is now, they take him every 1/2 hour but never once has he gone for them...he is a totally different boy at home and at school...like night and day...they get the very sweet cooperative shy boy at school and I get the holy terror at home screaming at the top of his lungs, fighting, throwing things etc when he is angry...they never see this side of him...lets just say I have a long road ahead of me, and I need to keep positive...with change is great for 2008!!!!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri May 30, 2008 9:29 pm

Well that is good at least that they are trying to help with it while he is there. I know what you mean about being different when with other people, Austin is the same way, friends do not believe the stories I tell them about how he acts at home sometimes!

I never will understand why governments are never willing to spend money where our childrens' education is concerned, it just makes me shake my head. We have had school after school shut down around here to "save money" and it just seems ridiculous to me! It also worries me because I plan to be a teacher, which should be a profession that is always in demand, but it looks like that may not be so if the government has it's way!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down