Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7/4 Crop & Chat (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda*

+8
Penny
Tammyscraps
stephster17
walkawalkadog
Scrappin Amy
jillybean66
Deanna
Berta
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

7/4 Crop & Chat  (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda* - Page 2 Empty Re: 7/4 Crop & Chat (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda*

Post  redd1977 Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:30 pm

Deanna beautiful layout. I love it.

Berta, I heard about the fires in CA, will keep you all in my prayers.

Tammy have fun with your new fancy pants felt, can't wait to see what you make with it.

Jill have fun in the pool with the kiddies.

Trish have fun scrappin...

Have a scrappy day ladies. dancing
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

7/4 Crop & Chat  (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda* - Page 2 Empty Re: 7/4 Crop & Chat (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda*

Post  Tammyscraps Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:16 pm

I have been scrapping my day away, it's been wonderful! The sun is coming out here, so I think I'm going to go out and do a little yard work, but I'll be back later for more scrapping!

Here's my layout for the challenge. I used some blurry Xmas pics that had a lot of red in them for my title letters. I love the way it came out and I love this new Jenny Bowlin paper, it was perfect for my 4th pictures!

http://sassyscrapbooksisters.byethost13.com/displayimage.php?pos=-2181
7/4 Crop & Chat  (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda* - Page 2 Happy4thweb

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:39 pm

Thanks Berta, today has been MUCH better! I have not left the house, the only people other than Austin I have interacted with is you ladies and you are always awesome, so my plan is to keep that up for the rest of the day, lol! Got a good book, some new movies for Austin (My mom rocks! Actually she made my dad pay, so he rocks too! LOL!!) no work supper, and scrappin time galore! Has anyone tried the Slow Cooker Solutions?? We have had the Chicken A La King a few times now and I just LOVE it!!! So good and absolutely no work involved!!

Berta I make the album out of a poster frame...the "glass" in the ones at WalMart (here at least) is just like the acrylic that the clear albums are made out of...except I can buy a $10 frame and get two albums out of it!! I cut it down to 8x8 size squares with my utility knife, punch holes with my Big Bite and put jump rings through the holes to hold them together. Hmmm....we didn't have a class on the blog yesterday, maybe I will put one together real quick since I haven't gotten started yet!

Here are two that I did before

A wedding one: https://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/stephster17scraps/Mini%20Albums/Clear%20Wedding%20Album/

And a Baby Boy one: https://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/stephster17scraps/Mini%20Albums/Clear%20Baby%20Boy%20Album/

Will be thinking of California! We were lucky, we had a lightning storm with no rain the other night and did not end up with any fires, thank goodness!!

Tammy, love your layout!!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:41 pm

just reread my pst, I got interrupted halfway through writing it, lol...ruined my no human interaction attempt, lol, my mom stopped by and was full of cheer as usual...you need to clean the sand off the porch, you need to clean this mess up...the usual, lol! Ok, off to work on getting my album cut up...gotta remember to take photos as I go!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:48 pm

LOL Steph! I loved my MIL to death but I used to get those same kind of 'cheery' visits from her all the time! Can't wait to see your album!

Tammy...your LO looks AWESOME!!! Love the colorful alphas! Gotta remember to save all those blurry photos that I'm always tossing.

I got not 1 but 2 scrappy packages today and I am definitely doing a happy dance. Gotta go scrap now so if you don't hear from me for several hours you'll know I'm playing with all my new goodies!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:54 pm

Thanks Everyone!!! bowing bowing bowing

Tammy, wonderful layout and I love the look of your bright 'photo' letters! clapping

Berta, enjoy your new goodies! dancing

I'm expecting a package next week! Gotta love that scrappy mail! dance
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:40 pm

I managed to get my album all cut out and ready to go. The actual photos and paper part of it is intimidating me a little, lol!! I posted a little class on the blog on hw I make the albums...

http://sassy-scrappers.blogspot.com/2008/07/do-it-yourself-clear-album.html
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:10 am

GOOD Early Sunday morning girls!!!!!

How is your day shaping up? I'm planning on scrapping today!!!! I posted four layouts yesterday, but only actually did one yesterday... I had gotten three done on Friday.... We actually went out shopping yesterday... I'll have to post what we bought Smile

SO... it's scrap day today!!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:37 am

Morning everyone! Looks like we had a lot of scrappers yesterday! YAY! dance
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:24 am

You girls were up early this morning!! I'm hoping to get a little scrapping in today, we'll see how that goes. I still have some new scrappy goodies I want to play with!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  walkawalkadog Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 am

Steph that is an AWESOME way to make those acrylic books! Love that you put it up on the blog so I can refer to it once I have all the supplies to make my own! I understand why the shaped ones are so darn expensive (I broke down and bought a dog bone shape) but could never quite understand why the square and rectangular ones are! Yipee! Now I can make my own! That's delightful!!

Ladies, I will be scrapping along with you all today. Have many projects on the go right now for a dear friend who is expecting her first baby really soon so am bustling to get those done. I will be posting some photos later of the diaper cake I made for them - sooo much fun to build this!! still crocheting a blanket and making a keepsake box so have lots to do for that as well as my own scrappy projects!!

Have a great day all!
walkawalkadog
walkawalkadog
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 909
BLOG: : http://christinascreativecorner.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:29 pm

Thanks Chris! Glad to know someone will use it!!

I got a VERY late start on a layout last night so I am finishing that up today and have a few other things to work on as well.
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:38 pm

Can't wait to see those phootos Chris!

I'm going to be looking for some acrylic sheets now Steph. Gotta make one of those. I'm like the rest of you...I need a cheaper way!

I plan to scrap a lot today. I'm having dental surgery in the morning and will probably be out of it most of tomoorow. I'll be drawing for a RAK Tuesday morning so there's still plenty of time for you all to try this challenge if you haven't already. Tammy, I have a blurry photo that I want to try something with. I'm going to work on that today.

I'll be back later to see what everyone's been up too. Glad some of you are getting some scrappy time!! Hope you all have a peaceful day whatever you're doing!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:16 pm

I don't know if I will get to the challenge, although with an extra day maybe I can try!

I did get this layout done though and I just have to share cause I had so much fun with it! At Serendipity Kristen gave a challenge to make a cake on a page or cards, so this is what I came up with...if my dad only knew this photo of him EATING was all over the 'net, lmao!!

7/4 Crop & Chat  (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda* - Page 2 100_8036

Going to make some mac&cheese for lunch and then I think I might let Austin have a go at scrappin again Smile He crumpled some of my Canada Day photos so I might as well let him use them!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:09 pm

Tammy awesome layout with the photo letters.

Steph awesome cake layout, I love it.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:30 pm

Thanks Linda!

I just got a call to go babysit my friend's kids, so I am packing up some card stuff in my tote and we are heading out to do that. I think I can get on the computer there...hmmm...If not, chat with you ladies when I get home!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:14 pm

That cake is so awesome Steph! I'm going to have to lift that idea!!

I tried something else with photo embellishing. This time I used a blurry copy of the same main photo to make the flowers. Thanks for the idea Tammy!

7/4 Crop & Chat  (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda* - Page 2 1338

Off to scrap some more!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:28 pm

Thanks Berta! I am working on some cards with some cakes now too, it's such a fun idea!

Love what you did with your photos, the flowers look great!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:01 pm

Cool flowers Berta.

Can't wait to see your cards Steph.

Here is my layout with the cut out letters using a bad picture.
http://sassyscrapbooksisters.byethost13.com/displayimage.php?pos=-2206
7/4 Crop & Chat  (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda* - Page 2 1-2008001-9

Last edited by redd1977 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:06 pm

Great layout Linda!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:08 pm

Steph, I love your pieced cake! How creative! clapping

Berta, love the look with the 'photo' flowers! clapping

Linda, great look with the 'photo' letters! clapping

I think this has been a FUN and creative challenge! Thanks Berta! dancing
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:44 pm

You're welcome Deanna! I had fun with it so I was hoping you all would too!

Linda I love the look of your alphas with little people in the "H". Great job!!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:19 pm

That looks great Linda!! I got my cards done, will upload them in the morning. Just got home from babysitting and got Austin to bed, going to try and work on something now! I think I have an idea for this challenge!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:29 am

I'm heading out to the dentist in five minutes (oh joy!!). Just checking in to remind you all that there is still time to do this challenge if you want. I will probablly be asleep most of the day from the anesthesia and will do the drawing tomorrow!

Have a great day you all!!!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:32 am

oh NO! Good luck at the dentist, Berta!!!
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next