Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10/17 Crop & Chat.........Updated****Winner Posted*****

+7
Scrappin Amy
scrappyshel
TrishD
stephster17
redd1977
Deanna
jillybean66
11 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

10/17 Crop & Chat.........Updated****Winner Posted***** - Page 3 Empty Re: 10/17 Crop & Chat.........Updated****Winner Posted*****

Post  jillybean66 Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Linda awesome 2 pager!! Wow, Tammy what a small world we live in, that your husband grew up and has family in the Montauk area. My aunt lets me use her house out there every year for a beach vacation for my family!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

10/17 Crop & Chat.........Updated****Winner Posted***** - Page 3 Empty Re: 10/17 Crop & Chat.........Updated****Winner Posted*****

Post  scrappyshel Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Wonderful work Jill and Linda!!! I'm gonna get to my room here in a bit.... might take a nap first though LOL... just a real lazy Saturday right now.
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:22 pm

Sweet dreams Michelle!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Wow, you ladies are chatty today!!

Great layout Berta! Love the colors!

Linda, wonderful double pager!!

TammyK, hope you get some good photos of the kids today! Hope they are feeling better!

Have a good nap Michelle!!

Our WalMart did the same thing Tammy. When they built the new one the craft section is way smaller, but they have way better stuff, like the Martha Stewart stuff...which is WAY cheaper than it is at Michaels!!!

Amy, the only things I have bought for myself lately has been adhesive as well! Everything else I buy tends to be for prizes and RAKs! I won a GC at the LSS last week, for all the cards I donated, and I wandered around the store for like an hour and couldn't pick out anything!!! I have been feeling so less than creative lately, it just sucks the fun right out of the shopping! So I ended up using it to get the papers for the Pink Crop prize pack, lol! And I still have some of the GC leftover! I will have to go back this week and see if anything sparks some interest this time!

I am just hangin out at my mom's, waiting for her to start working on my skirt for the dance next weekend. I cut the pattern out, but it is too small for me, so my mom has to cut the fabric since she knows what she is doing to make it bigger. Austin is outside playing with my dad and the dog. Maybe I can start on another layout with my DT kit. I think I want to go home today, we'll see!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Well I went upstairs to scrap with a plan in mind, but I went a totally different way! I had these pics printed out already and I dug deep in my stash and found some of this postcard paper so I went to town and cut it all up!! It's funny to scrap this picture because our house is literally right across the river, but it was a fun family day and it was free!!

Steph hope you get your mojo back, Im still working on mine! I don't think I would have any trouble spending that GC if I had it in my hands!! I bought some cardstock last week and a big paper pack of MME, but that is it besides adhesive and I find that I hit a roadblock when I scrap with all my "old stuff". There are so many paper lines out right now that I really want!! And my hubby has told me that I really need to start getting my pages into albums! He's right, they are busting out of the cabinet I've been keeping them in. Im trying to wait till Xmas to ask for some of the D-ring books. And truthfully, when I have money to spend, I don't want to spend it on albums. rofl

10/17 Crop & Chat.........Updated****Winner Posted***** - Page 3 Normal_postcardperfectweb

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:56 pm

Awesome page Tammy...so glad you were able to take the challenge...love it!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:53 pm

I got a good little nap in and am in my room!!! I actually just got my page done... need to get it scanned and posted Smile
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:07 pm

Yipeeee, can't wait to see it Michelle...I think I will be taking a break now for dinner and will be back later to chat with you all again!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:24 pm

Very fun layout Tammy!!

I need to get mine into albums too, and I feel the same way, I don't want to spend my scrappy money on albums and page protectors! Especially since I only get it once a month! But, I really need to do it. My mojo seems to have been gone ever since I organized my photos a few weeks ago. I realized I really don't have all that much left that I haven't scrapped, and even if there is things I haven't scrapped yet I have no real way of knowing because I can't just flip through a book and check, kwim? So, I'm thinking that I really need to sit down, spread out all my finished layouts and AT LEAST get them in order, and hopefully into albums as well. Then I can check for "holes" and know what I actually NEED to be working on! That is not the entire problem though, I should be working on Christmas stuff for sales and I haven't really been much into that either, and that is due to a need for NEW and different things to work on. I think I am just getting bored! *GASP*

Doesn't look like we are going home today and I am a little ticked off at my mom. She never mentioned going to town at all, then all of a sudden she had her shoes on and was leaving to go to some thing for work, and she was gone! If she had said something beforehand I would have gotten ready, cause I really did want to go home. I not only get more tired when I am here, but then I go to bed and I CANNOT sleep! I don't know what it is, but it sure doesn't make me feel any less tired! LOL! And after three nights I am ready for my own bed (and so is Austin) but it looks like we will be here at least one more night!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Great layout Tammy.

Hey Tammy I am asking for those D-ring album books too. I figure dh can get them for me.
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:07 pm

Here's my layout...
from our vaca in May
10/17 Crop & Chat.........Updated****Winner Posted***** - Page 3 Normal_Chase_field
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:29 pm

Great job Michelle!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:35 pm

Great job Michelle with the challenge and thanks for playing! So sorry you didn't get to go home today Steph...yep it is hard to sleep when it is not your own bed...hope you get back to your place tomorrow!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:17 pm

Love it Michelle, great layout.

Oh I have a hard time sleeping somewhere else, but I always sleep good in my own bed. Smile

I just watched 11 deer pass by my computer room window, all does but it was fun to watch them. Smile
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:22 pm

Thanks girls...

That sounds so cool Linda!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:15 pm

Making a cup of coffee and hope to scrap tonight. Those deers sound so awesome Linda...don't have any of those big critters around here. What are everyone's plans for tonight??? Ok, got my cup of java now, will check out the rest of the board...chat and then go scrap I hope....come on Mojo!! dancing
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:43 pm

Here's page 2 of my 'Vacation' LO. We camped in Fort Brag, hence the F and B monograms.

I went shopping for a new paper trimmer this afternoon (and got lost in the scrapbboking section) so most of my day was gone by the time I got home.
Hope your kids are feeling better Tammy. Had that same Icee mess on Tyelers bed last week, so I feel for you!
Hope you can sleep good tonight Steph. There's no place like home when it comes to our beds. I hope you get to sleep in your own tomorrow.
Linda, our kids live in a mountain town and see deer in their yard often. I'm so jealous! DS sent me a pic (which I still need to scrap) of one wandering around in his neighbors front yard...Cool!
I've still got a couple more hours before bed time here so I'm going to go try to get one more LO done. I love that my new paper trimmer cuts STRAIGHT lines. (I think subconciously I WANTED to break my old one...LOL!)

10/17 Crop & Chat.........Updated****Winner Posted***** - Page 3 Normal_867

Last edited by Berta on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:46 pm

Love the second page of your 2 pager Berta...you are rocking it!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:06 pm

Another wonderful page Berta!! I have the same trimmer that I started with over 10 years ago and I just love it!! And it's amazing what changing the blade will do, I just replaced mine last week and I feel like I have a new trimmer!! I just finished watching the movie Living Proof on Lifetime. I think it was going to be a sad movie, but it was so inspirational! If you get a chance watch it! I also started knitting a scarf for myself tonight! I don't knit too much anymore because of my carpal tunnel, but when I do it's usually for someone else, so it's nice to make myself something!

Linda you are so lucky!! We never see anything where we live, but we do smell skunks almost every night, ugh!! And I never knew this before we moved here, but the dig too, so we've always got holes in our garden beds and grass.

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Too funny Tammy! We smell those every so often too...eeeeewwww!!!

What kind of trimmer do you have? I HAD the cheaper black Fiscars but it really didn't cut straight. I have a funny story. My son's girlfriend was here a few weeks ago and as usual I was scrapping (she scraps too). She noticed my trimmer and said "I have one that looks just like that. I like your better, though, because you can cut bigger papers with it." I showed her how the little ruler pulls out from the bottom. Come to find out she never knew that about her own and she's had it for more than a year!! rofl
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:41 pm

Those deer sound very cool Linda! We don't see them at our house since we are in the city but out where Brian lives there are a lot...well, in the distance, lol, too many dogs there for them to get too close!

Berta, love the second page of your layout! I have the same trimmer, and I actually haven't had much trouble with it not cutting straight. BUT, my mom has the exact same one in purple, that thing looks like I was cutting while drunk! I always bring my own with me here! It is starting to wear out though and I mentioned it (more like swore at it, lol) when Brian was around and now he has been eyeing them up in the stores thinking of getting me one for Christmas!

I sent the afternoon/evening sending out emails for sponsors, updating the blog a little (I will get the watercolor class up as promised as soon as I get home to my own computer!) and just doing some surfing. Also had to help my dad clean up a large mess Austin made...he seemed to have gotten in the mini fridge and turned the dial off! So the ide in the freezer part melted and the whole thing was full of water. AND their tiles in the kitchen cannot have water soak into them or they will be ruined, so it was quite an adventure! Hopefully we are going home tomorrow, I may take the bus if I have to...not easy out here on a Sunday, but I am desperate! LOL!! I'm going to go dow to my room and see if I can play around a bit with my stuff that I brought and then call it a night!

Have a great night ladies!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:27 am

Glad to see you girls, tonight...it is almost 2:30am here so I am off to bed, at least I got one new page done. I hope you get home tomorrow Steph...maybe after Austin's little mishap...they will realize that he must want to go home and play with his toys etc....so hard once they lose that routine when they are young...my Nick who will be five this month, still sticks to so many routines daily, that he doesn't want anybody messing with that... lol! .Happy Scrapping girls, to those that can and I am off to bed!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:40 am

Great pages, Michelle and Berta! cheer cheer
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:26 am

Look at the night owls we had around here last night!!

Good Sunday morning!!! What do you all have on your plate??

After taking it easy yesterday, I think I'll work today some. Have to do laundry (or have nothing to wear this week for work) and run to M's and WM... Our M's is having their grand "reopening" and I haven't been in a long time... I'll be excited to see what they've changed. I also need to start getting stuff ready for our retreat next weekend. So after I pick up the pictures from WM, I can do that.

SO.... not much scrappy time today, but lots of scrappy stuff Smile
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:50 am

Wow! I missed out on a lot of chatting last night. I went to bed very early...

A retreat Michelle... I want to come. LOL I love scrapbooking retreats. Boy! you were up early this fine Sunday morning.

I didn't get any scrappin in last night.

I love your layout Berta, beautiful as always.

Yes, I can see deer every day and still am amazed... we have pheasants living in the swamp area here so see them a lot too. Last place we lived was in town and we feed the deer in the backyard, as did our neighbors so we seen them nightly and would watch them eat. I want to get a motion light for the back yard and watch them here when they feed. Skunks, we have them here too, what a horrible smell those critters have.

Oh no Steph, sounds like you had a mess to clean up too. That stuff happens.

Well better get busy around here. I want to do some more layouts.

Have a great day ladies.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next