Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted*

+8
scrappyshel
Tammyscraps
meterr
Janice Nielson
Berta
redd1977
jillybean66
stephster17
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* Empty Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted*

Post  stephster17 Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:54 pm

Hello ladies!!

We are now in December and Christmas is now down to DAYS away...19 days!!! So the staff here at Sassy have put together a fun little crop to give everyone one last kick to get those Christmas projects done...especially all those cards that we need to get sent out!!

For every challenge you complete by midnight PST, Monday, December 8th, your name will go in the drawing for a prize!

Shall we get started...

Tammy's Tag Challenge
Tags are a great way to use up scraps and look so pretty on Christmas packages. My challenge is for you to do at least 1 tag for your gifts!

Here's a couple I did:
Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* Tag1web
Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* Tag2web

Linda's paper piecing challenge.
I would like you to paper piece a Christmas card, it can be of anything. I got my idea from Scrapbooks etc., They have other paper piecing cards if you can't think of your own.

Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* 1-2008

Deanna's Sketch Challenge
My challenge is to make a Christmas Card from the December PageMaps using this particular sketch.

Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* 7x5dec08c

Here's my example......
Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* ChristmasCard1

Berta's Dark Background Card Challenge
My challenge is to do any kind of Holiday card you'd like. There is just one stipulation. I'd like to see DARK Green, DARK Red, or DARK blue as your background CS.

Here's what I did with dark blue.
Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* 58

Jill's Santa Card Challenge
You just have to make any type of Santa Card to be entered to win, your very own Santa stamp like the one used on my example. I used stamping but you can make your Santa, with paper piecing, stickers or whatever you come up with!
Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* DSC_0353

Michelle C's Bookmark Challenge
My challenge is to make a bookmark for a gift.... easy peasy!

Michelle M's Challenge
I will be making a Christmas/Holiday Themed magnet layout for my challenge - like a 5 x 7 size for our 4 x 6 photos: - It's going to be simple, fun and easy - but that's what we all want, right? You call can use a favorite photo from a past Christmas/Holiday that really love - You could make it as a teacher gift? - You could make it a gift card holder and decorate it? - You could make just about anything with it - and we should all have some kind of magnet (you know the free ones you get - ) around - we can just re-use them and glue them on the back of the cardstock or pp.

Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* Scrapb83
Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* Scrapb84

Steph's Chipboard Ornament Challenge
My challenge or you ladies is to create an ornament using a chipboard shape. You can use any shape, I used some Basic Grey ones, and I also picked up a Cosmo Cricket pack to make some more. You can cut your own as well. I posted a little class on the blog on how to make them (although theyare pretty easy!)

Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* 100_8998
Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* 100_9000

Last edited by stephster17 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:48 am; edited 3 times in total
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* Empty Re: Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted*

Post  jillybean66 Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Wow..tons of neat things to work on tonight and this weekend, have to run in a few minutes to dance and the whole circuit that I do...check back with you all later.
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* Empty Re: Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted*

Post  redd1977 Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Looks like a lot of fun projects to keep us busy this weekend.
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:38 pm

Woohoo! Can't wait to get started! Fun stuff!! :santa: :reindeer:
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:41 pm

Steph, do you want us to keep all our projects in the same post?
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Janice Nielson Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:17 pm

These look fun!
Janice Nielson
Janice Nielson
Poor Cinderella
Poor Cinderella

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://janicen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:29 pm

Berta wrote:Steph, do you want us to keep all our projects in the same post?

Nope, you can go ahead and post everything in seperate posts. That way every one will see them! They might get missed if they get added to previous posts and we want to make sure everyone's beautiful creations are seen by all!! LOL!

I can't wait to work on some of these fun challenges this weekend!!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:50 pm

i stink at cards, but ill give it a go!!!

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:02 pm

Come on Terri you can do it...if not lots of other great things to do this weekend, how about those Tags, or Magnet...maybe even Steph's snowflakes or other shape, What about Michelle's make a bookmark...well whatever you do I am sure it will turn out great...hey the girl who made an awesome tree from a Pizza box should know, no bounds and go where no scrap girl has gone before... lol!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:47 pm

Great job on the blog Steph...wanted to know how big your snowflake ornaments??? are...they came out really neat!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:22 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun things to work on this weekend!!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:59 pm

LOL!! yer right! i do love all the projects and the idea i can actually use the items as gifts/cards to send! my cards have looked horrible lately,but with sketches and such great examples, i bet ill do well!

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:32 pm

Oh I am so excited!!! I AM going to take some time this weekend to work on these.... and yes, I'm the only slacker that didn't do an example!!! LOL...... but it'll give me something to work on huh?

Martha's getting stuff ready to move on Tuesday, so we all went out for dinner tonight... kids got to play... that was real nice. DH has drill this weekend, so he'll be leaving early in the morning... supposed to go to their Christmas party on Sunday... I'm SO NOT in the mood..... I have a on of things I'd rather get done..... then on Sun eve, I get one last evening with Martha's kiddos and they get a night out.... it'll probably be the last time our kids will be together for a long while... Sad

What are you all up to this weekend?
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:14 pm

Hope to get the tree up this weekend, even if we only get to the light at first, just want to get the dang thing up. Off to gymnastics in the morning with DD then I want to go to a craft fair on Sunday...just me and my mommy, yippppeee no kids!!! Now that is a treat!! Enjoy your time with your sister Shel and the kiddos...must be tough moving away at this time of the year!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:24 pm

jillybean66 wrote:Great job on the blog Steph...wanted to know how big your snowflake ornaments??? are...they came out really neat!!

Thanks Jill! They are about 6inches across. THIS is what two of the snowflakes came from, and I also got another set that had a few snowflakes plus those ornaments that I showed on the blog.

We went over to a friend's house today to help bake some cookies and a cake, and stayed for supper. Right now I am wishing Austin would go to sleep and stop being so cranky! I have a couple things to work on tonight. Tomorrow we are going to the Forest Museum to ride on the Christmas train and check out the activities, then spending the night at Brian's place since it is close to the museum and the busses won't be running since the whole thing is at night time. Back home sometime on Sunday, and hoping to get some of the challenges done then!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:06 pm

Here's what I finished so far: All these I did using the papers and embellies in my RAK from Jill...thanks Jill!!

This bookmark for Michelle C's challenge. It looks prettier IRL.
Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* 61

My card for Linda's paper piecing challenge (the snow man is actually 3 seperate snowballs, not sure you can tell in the scan.
Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* 59

And 2 tags for Tammy's tag challenge
Dec. 5th Christmas Crop & Chat! *Winner Posted* 60
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:11 pm

Wow Berta! You've been busy! They all came out great!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:23 pm

We have some friends over tonight - 2 couples with their kids - we all had a yummy dinner, kids got to play all night, we are all playing games - funniest one was the Newleywed Game - now we are waiting for the kids to get to sleep then we are going to sit in the hot tub- so I am being the gracious host and I om on thw computer with you girls!!! lol! I am going to work on these challenges tomorrow - we got about 3 inches of snow tonight and suppose to be cold - so good weekend to stay in, relax, bake and scrap!!! Good night everyone!!! michelle m
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2014
BLOG: : http://michelle-imaginethat.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:50 am

Berta...awesome job with your projects...love that snowman, tags and bookmark...glad to see you are enjoying the K & Co paper...don't you just love the vintage look to these!!! Off to bed now will post my finished projects tomorrow...I did a few too!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:55 am

Great project Berta! Love your snowman!!

Michelle, sounds like a really fun night!!

I got a card done for Berta's challenge. Other than that just did some painting on some more ornaments I am working on. Austin just came out to sleep in my bed, so I better head there myself! Hoping I can work on something in the morning before we head to Brian's place for the night.

Have a great night ladies!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:45 am

Oh my goodness Berta... those are just fantastic!!! Great work..... and so quick too!!!

Good morning everyone!!! What's on tap for today??? Me... going to first work on my list of things to do... gotta make that out before I get started so I can feel accomplished if you KWIM..... but a mini version: Laundry, walmart for one or two little things... like MILK!.... Wrap presents for my sister's family.... Christmas cards.... pictures to go with them... work on pages for my folks.... do some of the challenges here... and probably eighty different things I forgot..... I'll check in later... probably around my naptime since I woke up around 3:30...

Oh yeah... and I've got to go update my blog too!!! COME LOOK!!!!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:55 am

Berta, those are GREAT! Especially love the snowman! So cute! cheer
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mmeier Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:13 am

well all my scrappy things are away, but I can still chat for a couple more days.

We are getting the house ready to move this weekend, ripping out carpets and packing for the trip. Crazy busy........but maybe we can convince Shel to goof off this evening and play to get a break from the chaos that will be upon us in a couple minutes.

have fun cropping ladies!! THink of me Smile
mmeier
mmeier
Sally Swing
Sally Swing

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:16 am

Got to run DD to gymnastics in a few...check back with all later!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:44 am

Come on over Mart!!! Just bring some Wiimotes and a game or two!!!

Well... two loads of laundry done.... Wally's run done.... everything put away.... dishes done and bathrooms tidied.

Time to get to my fun chores!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next