Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/5 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winners: Berta & Jill*

+10
Berta
scrappyshel
Knutschen
TrishD
stephster17
Tammyscraps
redd1977
Scrappin Amy
jillybean66
mmeier
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

9/5 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winners: Berta & Jill* Empty 9/5 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winners: Berta & Jill*

Post  mmeier Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:44 am

Michelle is at work but has asked me to post the info for all of you that are itching to get scrapping already this weekend........

Welcome to FOOTBALL .... NFL style!!!

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm spending Sunday (ALL DAY) watching football!!! I'm so glad it's time to watch the pigskin battles again..... GO CHIEFS!!! (yeah, I know)

Anyways.... given that it is the first weekend of NFL football.... this weekend's challenge will be to relate something in your layout to FOOTBALL!!!!

Your layout could be about football.

You could use your favorite team colors (may I suggest red and yellow??)....

You could use some football WORDS... think about..... TOUCHDOWN... PASS... RUN....RECEIVER.... TIGHT END... QUARTERBACK....

Use your creativity!!! If your football relationship is not totally obvious.... let us know what you came up with!!

You have until Monday night at Midnight your time (MNF should be over by then!!) to post back here in this thread.

I'll pick one random participant for a RAK from me.... and I'll have one more winner too......I'm gonna have a secret judge to pick one most creative use of this challenge to get another RAK too!!!

ANY QUESTIONS???

LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEE!!!!
mmeier
mmeier
Sally Swing
Sally Swing

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

9/5 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winners: Berta & Jill* Empty Re: 9/5 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winners: Berta & Jill*

Post  mmeier Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:53 am

I have a couple ideas in mind, let's hope I get some time and energy to work on this!!

Great challenge Shel!!
mmeier
mmeier
Sally Swing
Sally Swing

Back to top Go down

9/5 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winners: Berta & Jill* Empty Re: 9/5 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winners: Berta & Jill*

Post  jillybean66 Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Yikes...not a sports fan at all here and don't follow anything...will be tough for me, thanks for all the tips Martha!!! thinking
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrappin Amy Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:48 pm

I dont to sports either but with 5 boys in the house I think I can
figure out something. Maybe I can work football title into them
wrestling ?? colors would be great combos too there are TONS
of teams with great colors.
ok off to think on this one Smile
Scrappin Amy
Scrappin Amy
Owner and Design Team Member

Number of posts : 4701
BLOG: : http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrappin Amy Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Was looking for football terms for title and found this list.
Alot of them would make great titles and some could be used for
a million other things besides football.

http://football.about.com/od/football101/l/bl_glossary.htm
Scrappin Amy
Scrappin Amy

Number of posts : 4701
BLOG: : http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/

http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:00 pm

I will try to think of something, not a big football except if its kids in high school and guess what I have had a few so... Go Team Go! cheer

I won't be here tonight as we are putting on a retirement party for DH. See you all tomorrow or late tonight.

Have fun ladies. dancing
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:20 pm

Oh cool challenge! Im not much of a football fan, but hubby is a huge Jets fan and we will be attending all the hs home games this year because my daughter is cheering. Now I just need to think of something creative.... thinking

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  mmeier Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:25 pm

remember, as I read what Shel wrote, it doesn't have to be about football, just use a term or colors or whatever catches your attention.......

maybe just go to NFL dot com and check out the helmets or team colors maybe something will be inspiring to you

I have mine done but am too tired (lazy) to go out to my van to get my camera so I will take a pic later to post but I used a football word in my title......
mmeier
mmeier
Sally Swing
Sally Swing

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:50 pm

Great challenge Michelle!! And thanks for posting Martha!

Hoping I might actually get around to workin on this this weekend! Some great ideas there, and I will have to check out that link Amy, thanks for sharing!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Great link Amy....thanks a bunch!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:30 pm

Hmmmm...
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post  Knutschen Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:28 pm

I am not a football fan!

That is a great link Amy!
Knutschen
Knutschen
Red Hot Mamma
Red Hot Mamma

Number of posts : 1724
BLOG: : http://knutschen.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://knutschen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:53 pm

Home from work guys!!!! Welcome to FRIDAY!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!

I can't wait to see what you all come up with for this challenge! There are LOTS of different ways to interpret this.... I KNOW you can come up with something...... and what WONDERFUL links to look at!!!

What else do you all have planned this weekend?!?!?!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:13 pm

I got a layout finished for the DT reveal, I started it days ago at my parents house so I am glad to have it finished! Just finished making and eating some soup/stew for an early supper, go some cheerios marshmallow squares in the fridge cooling, yum!! Now I have to make Austin a peanut butter sandwich then I am back at the scrappin'

No plans this weekend. I might call my dad and see if he wants to come into town and take me and Austin to the fair and exhibition that is here this weekend, but maybe not, I haven't decided yet!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Great challenge. I'm not a big football fan. But am sure I can come up with something.

No big plans here for the weekend. I was going to take Devin to a car show in the morning. He decided he didn't want to go now. So guess what I'll be doing? Scrapping

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:29 pm

YEAH!!!! Scrap time all around it sounds like LOL.....

Well, I'm in my room.... just got back from dinner. It's time to scrap a little here..... I'm a tad bit tired.... but hey....

Anyhoo..... gonna work on this one Smile
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:40 pm

Oh my goodness... I'm SO losing mojo.... I got one two pager done and I'm totally wiped!!! GEESH!!!

I really hate it when I've got all the time in the world and no mojo or energy....

Well... I think I'll go take a break... possibly turn in.....

I'll check in with ya all later... maybe in the morning Smile

Happy night scrapping girls!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:49 pm

Go get some rest Michelle!

I've got my layout done and I'm pretty happy about it. I'll upload in the morning. Of course, when I showed hubby he asked me if I actually knew what those football terms meant. Who cares, it sounds good in the title!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Knutschen Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:44 pm

I have a few things planned!

There is a Japaneses festival going on this weekend I would like to check out. I also want to go see a movie, do a little shopping maybe to get ready for my trip next month. Sunday I just learned that there is a dog wash so I might take Phoebe but she doesn't need a bath as I just gave her one after the dog swim this week. I also need to get yard work done!!!

I hope to also fit in some scrapping. I am off work till next Wednesday so I really hope inbetween now and then, I can do some scrapping! I have a page in my head that I want to do for Phoebe's book!
Knutschen
Knutschen
Red Hot Mamma
Red Hot Mamma

Number of posts : 1724
BLOG: : http://knutschen.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://knutschen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:22 pm

Got this one almost done. Took a break to go out to dinner with DH.

The girls are at a sleepover with a friend tonight so I 've got lots of quiet time.

I had to take my older dog to the vet today. I have been on the verge of tears for the past 3 days cause I just knew he had cancer. He looks like he's got the mumps. He has just looked so sad! But it's NOT CANCER! He's got an infection that has caused the gland in his neck to absess. He will stay in the hospital for a few days until they can get it drained and the growth stopped. He was having a hard time swallowing and breathing. I'm so glad he is in good hands and so releived!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:57 pm

Oh Berta, so glad your dog's going to be okay! Tell him my doggies are sending him good puppy karma!! lol!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:00 pm

Aww thanks Tammy! I know that will make him feel better!!

Here's my football LO. Didn't get too creative since I have several photos that could work here. My daughter even got into the act in some of them. Just never could understand football myself.

9/5 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winners: Berta & Jill* Normal_628
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:11 pm

Great layout Berta!! Glad your doggy is going to be ok and it is not as bad as you feared!!

Tammy can't wait to see what you came up with!

Jana, sounds like a fun weekend for you and Pheobe! Hope you get to do some scrappin before you go back to work!

I got one more layout done with my kit and now I am ready to work on some other stuff! Well, maybe not now, I really just feel like crawling into bed I have had a headache all day! But definitely tomorrow!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:47 am

Wonderful work Berta!! LOVE all the different words here!!! Great colors too!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:12 am

Berta, Glad your dog is going to be ok. I know its scary when they are not well. Great layout

Today I plan to scrap all day. Last night I created one page

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next