Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner!

+8
Deanna
Berta
stephster17
scrappyshel
xhater
Tammyscraps
redd1977
Willow
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner! Empty Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner!

Post  Willow Fri May 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi everyone. I'll be hosting the Crop & Chat beginning later today. I have my challenge ready to go, and even completed my example. I sure hope some of you will be around this weekend. I think you'll enjoy the challenge.

See you around 4 p.m. EST!

Last edited by Willow on Tue May 26, 2009 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Number of posts : 3896
BLOG: : www.vsws.typepad.com
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner! Empty Re: Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner!

Post  redd1977 Fri May 22, 2009 3:50 pm

I will be here most of the weekend. I so need to scrapbook. Too much work and no play is not a good thing. I need to play this weekend.

See you later Val.
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner! Empty Here''s the challenge for this weekend!

Post  Willow Fri May 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Welcome to the weekend! Let’s get the crop-and-chat started. Since it’s a holiday weekend in the states, I’m sure you have a lot of plans. But hopefully you’ll have a little bit of time to scrap this weekend.

I have a pretty easy challenge for you:

We all have products and techniques that we haven’t used for a while. Some products that I haven’t used in a while are eyelets, photo corners, Glimmer Mist, clear shapes and alphas, colored ink, distress ink, and naked chipboard, just to name a few. Some techniques that I haven’t used in a while are heat embossing, alcohol inks, stamping, and hand stitching.

I’m sure you have tools and items in your stash that don’t get used very often. My challenge for you is to create a layout, using at least 3 items and/or techniques that you haven’t used in a while. AND, since Memorial Day is the official kick-off for summer activities, you must use photos that were taken outside.

Sound like fun? I hope you’ll have time create a layout this weekend and enjoy using some of those scrap items or techniques that you’ve been neglecting!

I will have a RAK for one participant in this weekend’s challenge, chosen from a random drawing.

Please be sure to post your layout in this thread as well as in the gallery, and let us know which 3 items/techniques you used.

Deadline for submissions is midnight Monday, May 25th
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Back to top Go down

Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner! Empty Re: Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner!

Post  Willow Fri May 22, 2009 5:11 pm

Here's my layout for the challenge, and here are the items/techniques that I used (all things that I haven't used in a while)

1. My Silhouette to make the scalloped circle (I need to use it more often)
2. Clear acrylic letters (love)
3. A large brad and used my Crop-a-dile to attach it.
4. rub-on letters (I have a bunch of these and haven't used them in a long time)

The paper for this layout is all from a great RAK that I received from Jill! Love the colors!

Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner! A_Special_Love_small
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri May 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Fun challenge Valerie! I will definitely be around this weekend, between painting and working in the yard!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri May 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Fabulous layout Valerie! I love all your embellies!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  xhater Fri May 22, 2009 5:43 pm

Awesome LO for your example, Valerie. I am NOT brave enough to use a white background. Wonderful challenge and it is just what I need! I buy cool items and, for some reason, keep them for some special LO that never gets made. I usually didn't even have a purpose for the item when I bought it. Does anyone else do this? And tools....... we won't even get into one job only tools! I am game for this challenge.
xhater
xhater
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2443
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Fri May 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Sounds like fun. I love your layout Valerie. Better go find some stuff I haven't used in a long while.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri May 22, 2009 6:39 pm

What a neat challenge... I've CERTAINLY got quite a few things I could choose!!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri May 22, 2009 7:18 pm

Great challenge Valerie!! Love your layout!! Hoping to have some time for this!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri May 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Karen, I use to do the same thing. I've got several tools that I have NEVER used but thought they were cool when I bought them.

Your layout is so fun Valerie! I have the perfect photos, now to pick from my many unloved tools which to use! Great challenge!
I'm getting a late start here tonight after spending all day with the kids and new grandbaby. Plan to be home the rest of the weekend though, so I'll definitely get this done.
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat May 23, 2009 8:07 am

It's a busy weekend here, but hope to scrap alittle tomorrow!
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat May 23, 2009 8:52 am

What a fun challenge Val and awesome example...glad you enjoyed your goodies and put them to use! I haven't scrapped in a long time so hope I get to this!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Willow Sat May 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Glad to see so many of you today! I thought we could all benefit from a challenge to get us to use those things that we keep forgetting about. If you're like me, you tend to grab for the same things all time. And those poor neglected tools Rolling Eyes - can't see what all of you pull out and use this weekend!
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Back to top Go down

Post  xhater Sat May 23, 2009 5:15 pm

It is already 7 pm and I am just getting started on my evening. I hope to finish one other project and start putting together this LO. I am actually happy to be reminded of some tools I haven't looked at in a long time. There are always techniques to pull out of the cobwebs too. I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far!
xhater
xhater
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2443
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat May 23, 2009 6:52 pm

WHEW... I think this is the first time I've really sat down all day! It seems like I've been busy since I woke up....

let's see.... three loads of laundry, cleaned out my dresser, cleaned off my nightstand, cleaned out my closet, cleaned out the vanity (two sink) in the bathroom, minimally straightened the medicine cabinet, cleaned the tub/shower, went and got plants, cleaned off the back bottom porch (swept and picked up all the old broken toys), replaced the sand in the sandbox, cleaned out the downstairs small linen closet and put the kids' craft stuff in there... moved the stuff from there to other homes, picked up my scraproom...... planted above plants and watered them... now trying to stop the whining....

WHEW...
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Sat May 23, 2009 8:38 pm

Wow, Michelle, you've just made me tired now! Whew! is right.

Well, I didn't work nearly as hard as you. Got a few things picked up after being gone for 2 days. I WILL get a LO done for this challenge but I wanted to start on a baby album first. These are first photos of our new grandbaby. We took so many I wasn't sure where to start. The moment Derek was born Jeff called me on his cell phone and said, "He's born! And he's crying!!" Found out later from Kim that Jeff was crying too. Awwww!

Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner! Scrapbooking_125
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Sat May 23, 2009 11:53 pm

Here's what I did for this challenge. I used my Dymo label maker, my photo corner punch, and a large pop dot (that I've had since 2004). Glue dots are so much easier, I think.

Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner! Scrapbooking_126
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sun May 24, 2009 6:07 am

Oh my goodness Berta... I never know where to start either with baby pics, but isn't it wonderful to have that problem?!!?!?!

Gorgeous pages... I adore baby pages... and your summer page is fantastic!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sun May 24, 2009 6:20 am

Great layouts and pictures Berta. I love them. I need to get this done too.

Need to go to Pequot Lakes today and put flowers on the graves, then we have a gathering at Shane and Missy's house.

Have a great day. Need to get working on this if we get home early enough.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  Willow Sun May 24, 2009 7:31 am

Wow Michelle you sure were busy yesterday! I'd love to have you come to my house for a day lol! .

Berta, your newborn photos are so precious, and the perfect place to start scrapping Derek. And I love your layout for this weekend's challenge. What fun photos and I love that flip-flop paper and the grass you cut!

What's everyone up to today? We have a baptism at noon and then a get-together afterwords. Always love infant baptisms. So I'm straightening up a little this morning, and probably won't get home until late afternoon. I hope to get a little scrapping in then, but my granddaughter will be coming home with us, so I'm not sure how much I can scrap.
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sun May 24, 2009 8:29 am

Berta, wonderful layouts and it's so sweet seeing the new baby photos! Congrats again! flowers

WOW! This weekend has been SUPER BUSY! LOL Yesterday we went back home (north an hr.) for a big Alumni/Memorial Weekend Celebration. Had a parade and then after visited with family. 5 of our grandkids were there and they wore themselves out playing together. I don't think they stopped one time. I stayed busy chasing them, refilling sippy cups to keep them hydrated because we could barely get them to eat. LOL Held new little granddaughter Lucy and had FUN with them all. DD Marla and her DD Kaylee went on a Brownie Scout Troop to DC for the long weekend, so we've had grandson Brady.

So, today I'm catching up a bit. Brady's Aunt offered to keep him some of today, so I can get alittle break.
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sun May 24, 2009 9:09 am

Sounds like a busy but fun day Deanna! Hope you get a minute to yourself today!

Well... I got the LR picked up and both kids rooms picked up... second load in the dryer, third in the washer..... cleaned out the coat closet, cleaned out three drawers and one cabinet in the kitchen..... now.. time to tackle the kids' rooms....after that, time to clean out the garage... it's not too bad, but the tent needs to be put away and it desperately needs to be swept....

THEN I can play Smile
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner! Empty Here are a few I did this weekend that meet the challenge:

Post  NikkiLove Sun May 24, 2009 10:08 am

Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner! May_lo10

Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner! May_lo11

Weekend Crop & Chat - May 22nd - We have a winner! May_lo12
NikkiLove
NikkiLove
Riding The Rails
Riding The Rails

Number of posts : 313
BLOG: : nlovewithscrappin.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2009-03-13

http://www.nlovewithscrappin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiLove Sun May 24, 2009 10:15 am

I forgot to say what I did in the LOs:

On the first one and second one, I used stickers (which I hardly ever do unless it's alphas) . I also used the cardboard backing from the pizza that I cooked for the kids yesterday. I hardly use recycled household items so that was nice Wink

On the second one and third one, I photo blocked and I hardly EVER do that. I used Walmart's collage program and put them all on one page and then ordered the whole page printed since I don't have a photo editting program for myself.
NikkiLove
NikkiLove
Riding The Rails
Riding The Rails

Number of posts : 313
BLOG: : nlovewithscrappin.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2009-03-13

http://www.nlovewithscrappin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next