Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen*

+11
Knutschen
jillybean66
redd1977
Sherri L
stephster17
Tammyscraps
Willow
scrappyshel
mmeier
Berta
TrishD
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* - Page 2 Empty Re: 8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen*

Post  scrappyshel Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:05 am

Hey!! I got a little time this morning.... so I got this challenge done Smile
8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* - Page 2 Normal_c_and_c_cards
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* - Page 2 Empty Re: 8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen*

Post  scrappyshel Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:06 am

redd1977 wrote:Okay guys, I slept in but I'm here now, but I need to ask someone a question Berta said "KWIM" in one of her sentences and I have seen you laides use that before. What does it stand for??? I have no idea Rolling Eyes and I never ask... well now I'm asking. LOL

Now gotta get my card done.

KWIM = Know what I mean?
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:08 am

lol! Thanks Michelle, I figured it out and we must have sent the posts at the same time or close to it. lol!

Great cards, now I gotta get busy. LOL
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:06 am

Well I slept and slept...didn't wake up till 10am and that is late for me...yipeee! Lots of great cards you ladies are making..got to see if I can go whip one out myself this weekend! Hope to get to it tonight...enjoy your day girls!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:12 am

Michelle, glad you got some scrappy time, those are great cards!!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:17 pm

redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:29 pm

Great cards Michelle and Linda! And I think I missed Sherri's last night! Wonderful work ladies!!

Hope everyone has a great day whatever their plans are, and that the day goes quickly for those who are at work!!

I slept in today too...iron is low...I could just barely drag myself out of bed at 11:30, I really could have slept all day! But I'm up now, had some leftover pizza for breakfast, lol, and my grandma just called so we are going to go jump on the bus and meet her. Turns out we will be going out so my escape plan won't work so well! Oh well! We will be out around the time Austin gets tired and cranky so that will work well too, lmao!

Trish, my album doesn't have photos either! I actually am not going to be putting any in it, I am trying to get a bunch ready for craft sales at Christmas time!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:50 pm

stephster17 wrote:Hope you have a good rest Linda, sounds like a busy day!!

Berta, hope you get to sleep in tomorrow!!

I got a card and a paperbag album done with my DT kit tonight! Tomorrow we are going to see my grandma at my aunt's house...Brian is coming into town I told him call me there when he's done what he needs to do so I have an excuse to leave, how awful am I? LOL!!! But she really is driving me nutty, and if she threatens to smack Austin one more time I just might smack HER!! I do not smack my child and neither will anyone else! When we get home I am planning on doing some serious scrapping and card making!!

Hey Steph,

When it comes to your kid I don't blame you. I never wanted anyone to correct mine or threaten they needed a spanking. If they needed one I did it. My mom always said they would turn our horrible because they didn't get smacked enough. Well they are all very good respectful adults, have great jobs and everyone loves them so...I guess I did okay.

You do what you think is right and if anyone doesn't like it, that's their problem.

Hope everything goes okay for you today.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:53 pm

Thanks girlies. We got to St. Louis OK and the kids are being WILD right now... just letting them unwind a bit before we go to the pool.
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:56 pm

Beautiful cards Linda and Michelle! So, my Mom and Sister came over and we rode out to the Pittsburgh Mills for lunch. Kayla got her ears pierced, she is so excited. I invite my sister for dinner, go home to make lasagna and guess where I am? At work. Kayla was on the phone telling her friend about her ears when work called. Oh, well. And though it was overcast this morning, its now sunny and bright. It's been a gorgeous, hot day.
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:08 pm

Tammy Id like to swap pickle recipes. I make 3 different kinds and Id like to try yours out too.

Way to go mom you crack me up.

Great job on the cards mom and shel.

Steph I had an incident on Friday when I picked up Bryce I seen the Daycare lady push Bryce on the head and swing his legs around to get him to lay back down for rest time. She didn't see that I was there. Now Im wondering If I should report it or not. I don't wanna start anything.Theres so many other ways of making a kid mind without using force.
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:44 pm

omgosh I am such a dork! I had a big long post all typed out and for some dumb reason clicked the back button and lost it all! frustrated

Anyways, lol, we are home and the day didn't go too badly...didn't have to yell at anyone or anything, lol! Sherri, I would be upset about that too, I don't think people in a daycare position, looking after other people's children should be using physical force to discipline them! I just don't feel it is their right to make that decision regarding someone else's child.

I got a couple photos printed at WalMart, my grandma had some of my cousin's little girls on her camera and I needed some girl photos to scrap, lol! So, soon as I can get Austin to bed I will be getting down to business! Austin got to spend some of his own money (my mom has been slipping him her pocket change, lol) at the dollar store, I told him he could pick out a project towork on for daddy's birthday, so he got a canvas and a set of paints. I told him he has to wait until tomorrow, and tomorrow will be here faster the sooner he goes to sleep, lol, we'll see if that actually works...I can dream! LMAO!

Michelle, glad you got there safely! Hope you had fun at the pool!

Trish, sorry you got called into work! Sounds like you had a great day before that though!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Knutschen Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:23 pm

I was thinking of a card to make just for fun earlier tonight! I just got the Indie Art cartridge for my cricut and need to try it out!!!

Love everyone's cards so far!!!
Knutschen
Knutschen
Red Hot Mamma
Red Hot Mamma

Number of posts : 1724
BLOG: : http://knutschen.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://knutschen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:31 pm

I bet your excited about your new cartridge. I need to get another one besides George.
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:51 pm

I guess this is good morning. LOL! I finished up work around 10, Kayla went with me and she was so good. We called a taxi to ride us home which she loved. Now, we are getting ready for bed. I hope every one had a great day. See you all in about 8 hours. Smile
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:19 am

Good morning everyone. Hope you all slept good and are ready to scrap
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:31 am

Good morning! It is going to be another lovely, hot day here. I originally planned on taking the kids to Keystone to swim, but with Kayla just having her ears pierced, I think we'll be going to Frick Park instead.

Or, maybe we can move more of the girls things to their new home. Amanda's boyfriend bought a house for them to live in as a family (Jerry, he is Brendan's Daddy and he is real good to Kayla). So, when we came home from Florida, the girls and baby sort of moved in on Sunday. It was horrible, I cried, they cried, they moved back home Wednesday. Now, they are going to take the rest of this month to make the big move so we all slowly adjust.

Are we weird or what?

Anyway, what are your plans for today?
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:57 am

Not much to do today I have to cut the boys hair and Dans
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:03 am

Looks like it will be hot here today, so into the pool the kids and maybe me too, did my card last night so need to get it loaded up have alot of cleaning up here to do today and food shopping to...have a great day everyone!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:54 am

Here is my card
8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* - Page 2 Med_gallery_2324_480_54288
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyDoll3 Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:56 am

you all have great cards. i have never made a card but im going to try it out today. lol! rofl

ok i need help what size paper for the card? i have a 12 long and 6 wide to big please help frustrated frustrated frustrated
BabyDoll3
BabyDoll3
Making Friends
Making Friends

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:43 am

Very pretty card Jill, good start on Christmas I would say. Smile

Nicole it doesn't matter what size you do. I have done several sizes. I have done them to fit in business size envelope, I have done small cards, medium cards. Whatever size you prefer. If you have an old card around measure it and use that size.

You can do it, just go for it. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Smile
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyDoll3 Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:56 am

BabyDoll3
BabyDoll3
Making Friends
Making Friends

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyDoll3 Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:47 pm

BabyDoll3
BabyDoll3
Making Friends
Making Friends

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:58 pm

Great card Jill!!

Nicole, for your first cards you did a wonderful job!! As for size, like Linda said you can do ANY size! I did mini cards for Christmas sales last year, I just took any little scrap of cardstock, folded it in half and made a little card. Those were fun! Usually though what I do is take an 8.5x11 piece of cardstock, cut it in half (in the middle of the long side) then fold the two halves in half and you have two cards! That is the standard card size. A lot of peple do 6x6 cards as well, which would be half a sheet of 12x12 cardstock (so a 12x6 piece), folded in half. Hope that helps...I'm sure Maureen already filled ya in, lol!!

Trish, I don't think you are weird! That is a big adjustment for all of you, I think it is a great idea to do it gradually!

We are heading to my mom's at some point today and spending most of the week there. We were supposed to go on Thursday and housesit while my mom goes back east, but my dad is out from camp and NOT having surgery like we thought he was, so we are just going to go visit for a few days before my mom leaves.

I got 2 layouts plus a double layout done last night, still no cards though! LOL! I am going to take my stuff to my mom's with me and will work on a few while I am there!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next