Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen*

+11
Knutschen
jillybean66
redd1977
Sherri L
stephster17
Tammyscraps
Willow
scrappyshel
mmeier
Berta
TrishD
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* - Page 3 Empty Re: 8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen*

Post  Sherri L Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:08 pm

Jill beautiful card. The only thing I don't like about making homemade card is that I don't have an envelope, and don't know an easy way to make them
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* - Page 3 Empty Re: 8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen*

Post  Knutschen Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:17 pm

My allergies have been bothering me again! I need to mow my yard but it will only make my allergies worse! I still might if I can find my face mask.

I went out for lunch today and then went to go see a movie. I went and saw Traitor with Don Chadle. It was good! Then I came home to get my laptop, let Phoebe play for a bit and then I am heading to the Mudhouse to hang out and search for a camera bag and what to do in Paris and London. I am hoping to come home and get my scrap room in better order while watching a movie on my desktop. I might poop out before then!
Knutschen
Knutschen
Red Hot Mamma
Red Hot Mamma

Number of posts : 1724
BLOG: : http://knutschen.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://knutschen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:54 pm

Nicole nice job
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolemartel Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi all, I've been working on my class assignments. How has your weekend been? Looks like you've been doing a lot of scrapping dancing
nicolemartel
nicolemartel
Riding The Rails
Riding The Rails

Number of posts : 423
BLOG: : www.nicolemartel.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrappin Amy Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:03 pm

I ran out a card envies so Im going to make some cards the size
of a regular envy so I never run out of envies again. Plus regular
envies are TONS cheaper....lol
Lets see what I can make.
Scrappin Amy
Scrappin Amy
Owner and Design Team Member
Owner and Design Team Member

Number of posts : 4701
BLOG: : http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:18 pm

Amy that is such a no brainer why didn't I think of that about regular envelopes. Thanks so much
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:30 pm

Great job girls!!! Looks like you guys are all working very hard this weekend!!!

As for card sizes.... I usually do the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 size... and mostly because those cards fit perfectly into the "invitation" size of envies.... I like making 6x6 because it gives me more room and the square canvas I like, but don't like putting them in envies!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Knutschen Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:54 pm

I have some templates at home that I use to make envelopes. I have had those way before I got into scrapping!! I used to buy Rolling Stones magazines just because that magazine was bigger and my template was perfect to make envelopes from the ads.

I have seen just recently someone posted on there blog instructions on how to make an envelope for an odd sized card or just if you have no envelopes but I can't seem to find it!!
Knutschen
Knutschen
Red Hot Mamma
Red Hot Mamma

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolemartel Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:23 pm

I'm going to scrap tomorrow I hope, as soon as i'm done this darn paper! grrrrrrrrr it's taken over my weekend!
nicolemartel
nicolemartel
Riding The Rails
Riding The Rails

Number of posts : 423
BLOG: : www.nicolemartel.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:18 pm

I get the "invitation" envelopes too. I have found they are pretty costly at the chain stores (like Staples) but at our local office supply store downtown they are HALF of that price! It is around $10 for a box of 100 (as opposed to $10 for 50 at the bigger store).

Nicole, good luck with your paper! One thing I DO NOT look forward to when I eventually go back to school!

We are at my mom's now...going to help her set up her MP3 player for her trip then she needs me to help her do something with my dad's camera. Austin is outside playing with my dad and the dog having a total blast! Going to work on some cards later this evening, I brought my HUGE pack of cardstock my mom bought me (250 sheets...that makes 500 cards! LOL!) and I am ready to create! I even brought my camera and CD for it so I can upload them when I'm done!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:30 pm

Wow you ladies have been busy. I love all the cards.

It's been a bust weekend around our house. Yesterday was the last day of the garage sale, then we sat and Bs'd for a bit. I was so tired I was in bed pretty early. Well just after I seen the Panda give birth LOL. Today has been another busy day. We went to Lowe's to get a border for the living room and concrete for the shed. Once we got home I decided to rearrange my scrap area. And we all know how that can be right? It was then dinner time. Rented a few movies. Before we knew it we were doing the border and it's done. I was hoping to scrap. Just not gonna happen tonight. I'm gonna sit and relax.

Is the challenge due Monday night like other weekend crop & chats? I'm hoping so. Then I can make some cards.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:45 pm

Maureen isn't it so nice to get projects done around the house I bet it looks great and now tomorrow you'll have nothin to do but scrap.
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:03 pm

My bad. Yes, Maureen, the challenge is due tomorrow night. Jill, your card is very pretty and Nicole, you did a fabulous job!!!!! Steph, enjoy your week at your Mom's. It turned out to be SO busy here today. My Mom and sister came over for lunch and to help Amanda pack up a few things. I took the kids to K-Mart's and the Dollar Store for some cleaning supplies. Before you know it, it's dinner time. Kayla baked a cake and played with her friend. Now it's just me and Ben, who should be in bed, but is too busy playing with his cars and he's happy, so he can stay up just a little while longer. As for me, I am reorganizing my scrap supplies - they need it!
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:16 pm

What a long day here, sorry I couldn't be on to chat. We had Tammy and Wade here. Wade helped us install a water softener, we sure needed one but it took all day. Nothing is ever as easy as it says, they had to run and get more parts and by the time they got done and left it was 9 p.m.

Sherri and boys came over for a few minutes. And then we went to her house for a while with Tammy and the kids.

It sounds like everyone had a pretty busy weekend.

Now I am so tired and I planned on scrapping today. Oh well, so much for that.

Have a great night everyone.
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:26 pm

Great cards Nicole, I wouldn't have guessed you never made any before they are very nice.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:37 pm

Maureen I love your new avatar... Great picture.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:00 am

Maureen, I like your new avatar, too!
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:07 am

I noticed your new avatar too, very nice
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:15 am

Good Monday Morning everyone!!!

How is your day shaping up? Any big plans today? Or taking some well deserved rest from your usual "labor"??

We're heading back from St. Louis this morning..... kids had a blast... I did too. Little tired, but you know how that is. I have laundry to do at home, so that's what we'll do this afternoon.
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Knutschen Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:42 am

No rest for me today as I have to work and be the charge nurse! YUCK!! I was in charge the last time I worked at it was hectic! I hope today that it will be calmer since it is a holiday.
Knutschen
Knutschen
Red Hot Mamma
Red Hot Mamma

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:13 am

Jill and Nicole, great cards! I'm hoping to get a little scrappy cleaning done today. My desk is a mess (not to mention the floor!)

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I didn't get to do much scrapping but did get two cards made. At least I made some cards for the challenge. We went to dinner with my inlaws.
8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* - Page 3 Thankyou12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:37 pm

Maureen nice job on the cards
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:05 pm

Thanks Sherri. And by the way thanks ladies with the comments about my new pic. I've got a few to change with from the other day.

I didn't get as much scrapping done as we did a border in the living room yesterday. I will share pics later. We are watching a moive and then its first day of school here tommorrow

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:32 am

Great work Maureen!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next