Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED!

+7
xhater
Berta
jillybean66
stephster17
scrappyshel
Deanna
twkoons
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! - Page 2 Empty Re: Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED!

Post  scrappyshel Sat May 09, 2009 3:37 pm

Great page Tammy.... not sure HOW you got it done... LOL... but it looks great!

I'm checking in from somewhere around Grants, New Mexico... about 110 miles west of Albuquerque.... we've already lost one hour today and will lose another before the end of the day.... bleh.

So far, so good....
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! - Page 2 Empty Re: Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED!

Post  stephster17 Sat May 09, 2009 4:30 pm

We are off with some friends to watch an illusionist at the community centre! Hope everyone is having a great day, hoping to work on this when we get home tonight!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat May 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Great page Tammy...glad your overall sales went well, but I bet it was a ton of work too!!! Hey Shel...I bet you wish your were Dorothy right about now.."click those ruby slippers three times and be home" I am not good on long car rides I tell ya...hope you are at least in some comfort! I still have not gotten back to my page, so I am off to finish it...stickles are dry, now just have to add some journaling! Hope to get it posted soon! You better rest up Linda...so you have some energy to get your page done...we just came back from dinner at Friday's so no mess or cooking to clean up here tonight...Yipeeeeee!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat May 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Here is mine stickles on the bird!
Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! - Page 2 DSC_0140002
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat May 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Wonderful page Jill!! Great colors and LOVE the different trims on the top.. gorgeous!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  twkoons Sat May 09, 2009 5:32 pm

Great job on the page Jill! Love how you used the stickles....how do you get them to not be so bubbly and do straight lines, mine get air bubbles in them and my lines end up terrible!
twkoons
twkoons
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat May 09, 2009 6:02 pm

twkoons wrote:Great job on the page Jill! Love how you used the stickles....how do you get them to not be so bubbly and do straight lines, mine get air bubbles in them and my lines end up terrible!

When I start..I first squeeze the bottle not on my project, to make sure it is flowing right and not clogged...if clogged I insert a pin down it and get that fixed...then I squeeze with a light pressure and drag the tip...but you do have to have a steady hand...so can't help you with that... lol! You tend to get air bubbles when it is clogged etc, I also shake them good before I start as well! Hope this helps you some!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  twkoons Sat May 09, 2009 6:46 pm

Thanks Jill I will give that a try. I think part of my problem is I try and do it too fast....so I will try your suggestions the next time I use it. THANKS!

What does everyone have planned for Mother's Day tomorrow? My DH is trying to talk me into going fishing, but I think I would rather have a relaxing day at home, if that is at all possible. I think my DH and kids are going to take me to Companeros in Dorset...they opened this weekend and their mexican food is sooo good!
twkoons
twkoons
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sat May 09, 2009 6:59 pm

Jill, that layout is great. I love how you did your stickles. Great job!

Steph, sounds like fun going to see an illusionist.

Michelle, sounds like such a long trip, but at least you have that puter. lol! Stay safe.

Tammy, have fun at Companeros. You took me there once and I loved it, or was it twice. And if its nice out go fishing with Wade. You deserve some fun.
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sun May 10, 2009 5:14 am

We are in Amarillo Texas.... stayed overnight. So my Mother's day will be spend DRIVING.... or riding.... either one kinda stinks.

I'm waiting for 7 am for breakfast to be ready.... I"m about ready to head down to see if they have coffee or not...
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sun May 10, 2009 5:38 am

WOW! Sounds like everyone's having a busy weekend and Michelle, so envious of you taking off exploring! Sounds FUN!

Wonderful pages, ladies! I love seeing how you used the stickles! clapping

We visited our Mothers yesterday and we're taking off biking today with Kaylee. Everyone is pretty much staying home or working so we're having a day out.
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sun May 10, 2009 5:45 am

Well hope everyone has a Happy Mother's Day! Shel will you reach home today??? Hope you are getting some great pictures of your travels...did you spot a scrappy store??? Well Happy Trails to you my dear. I think I have to do laundry today etc....sounds fun huh! It is so windy here today, that I don't know if I will spend anytime outside..just hope to get some time to scrap a page. All that food last night put me to sleep... lol! Enjoy your day Ladies!! flowers
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  twkoons Sun May 10, 2009 7:24 am

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Hope everyone has a great day.....
twkoons
twkoons
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sun May 10, 2009 9:43 am

rose Happy Mother's Day everyone! rose

I got my layout done. I used stickles and put them on my rub-on flourish. BTW! my layout isn't crooked, my picture taking is! lol!

Here it is:
Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! - Page 2 1-200840
redd1977
redd1977

Number of posts : 4798

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sun May 10, 2009 10:06 am

Great job Linda...

We really don't have time for anything other than eating, bodily functions, and driving. I have to be at work in the morning and Nathan has school.... So we must be home by tonight. Really no time for scrappy stuff along the way except what I can do on the computer. At least I have that. We should be in tonight between 9-10 I hope... much later than that and I'll be worthless tomorrow. We're about 1 1/2 hrs outside OKC right now....
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Sun May 10, 2009 10:09 am

Hi all - I would like to get this challenge done - great sketch! We are camping and fishing tis weekend - just chilling out - enjoying the weekend - I brought some of my scrap stuff with - maybe later I will get to it - take care everyone! michelle m
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2014
BLOG: : http://michelle-imaginethat.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sun May 10, 2009 11:29 am

I don't know how you do it Shel.....my kids can't go an hour without saying "are we there yet".. lol!
Keep safe! Great page Linda...never thought to use stickles on those rub-ons...neat idea!! Well still doing the laundry here...gee what fun!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sun May 10, 2009 12:00 pm

Hope you get home in good time tonight Shel!!

We're off for lunch in town, nothing special but I got my tax return yesterday so I thought we should do something. The show was good yesterday, Austin didn't understand a lot of it and Brian ended up taking him outside for a walk near the end, but our friends and I really enjoyed it. My mom got us 5 free tickets and our friends were more excited than any of the rest of us about going, lol, it was really neat and I was really glad we had chosen them to come with us. Didn't get to the challenge last night, Brian stayed for a late supper, but I did get all my stuff pulled out for it so hopefully when we get home this afternoon!

Hope everyone is having a nice Mother's Day!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaB Sun May 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Here's my page. I used Candy Cane and Antique Linen Stickles and brushed them over the alpha stickers. I brushed on two thin coats, using my heat gun to dry them 'cause I'm too impatient to wait for Stickles to dry by themselves, LOL!
Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! - Page 2 Christmas_tradition
BrendaB
BrendaB
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 1540
BLOG: : http://brendasscrappyblog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sun May 10, 2009 3:47 pm

How pretty Brenda! I've been known to break out the heat gun before too (tee hee)

We're about 115 miles outside of KC... then it's about 130 miles from there... so it's going about as expected. Kids are doing pretty well... I had five days or so to prep them for a "LONG" car trip...
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Willow Sun May 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi everyone! Wow, I love what you've done with the sketch. I've been gone most of the weekend, so won't have time to get to it, but wanted to stop in and see what you've all been doing. Hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day!
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Number of posts : 3896
BLOG: : www.vsws.typepad.com
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  xhater Sun May 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Great job, Brenda! I love the extra eye-catcher that the pp on an angle creates.
xhater
xhater
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2443
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sun May 10, 2009 5:33 pm

Great job with the sketch Brenda...love those big Pom-pom on the top...that another great idea to jazz up some stickers! Keep on trucking so to say Shel...will be nice to sleep in your own beds tonight I am sure!! Sounds like you had a great time out Steph, hope you get some scrappy time today! Hope you had a nice weekend yourself Valerie!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  xhater Sun May 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Great job, Linda! I must have been out of the loop for too long; I have not yet tried Stickles. You put them on a rub-on? Man, you must have a steady hand! And maybe no dogs to knock against your arm every five seconds. Excellent work on that Stickles application!
xhater
xhater
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2443
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  twkoons Sun May 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Great job on the layouts mom and Brenda! Love the ideas on how to use the stickles...

Hope everyone had a great day. We went to companeros for Supper and it was good. We had a wait time of about an hour which I guess was not that bad!
twkoons
twkoons
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next