Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED!

+7
xhater
Berta
jillybean66
stephster17
scrappyshel
Deanna
twkoons
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! Empty Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED!

Post  twkoons Fri May 08, 2009 8:19 am

Good Morning!

So what does everyone have planned for the weekend? My mom and I decided we would do a garage sale. Argh! Every year my town has a city wide garage sale and that is definately the time to do it. So here we are again (except we looked at eachother this morning and said we weren't having another one next year!) It is very cold this morning....I think it is 35 deg. and mom says we need a heater out in the garage. Brrr. Hopefully it warms up.

Anyway here is the challenge! I love the sketch from Pagemaps...

Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! May098x11b

The twist is......If you have stickles I would like to see it on your page! Have fun.

Entries are due Monday at midnight! Anyone who participates will get there name put in a hat for a RAK from me!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR PLAYING!

THE NAMES WENT INTO A HAT AND HALEY PICKED THE WINNER!

DEANNA! (I have your address!)

All of my RAKS will be going in the mail this week!!

Last edited by twkoons on Tue May 12, 2009 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
twkoons
twkoons
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! Empty Re: Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED!

Post  Deanna Fri May 08, 2009 9:01 am

That's a wonderful sketch but I don't have any Stickles. Should I use paint or something instead?
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! Empty Re: Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED!

Post  twkoons Fri May 08, 2009 9:50 am

That would be great Deanna! I am just trying to get some new ideas for my pages!
twkoons
twkoons
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Fri May 08, 2009 9:56 am

twkoons wrote:That would be great Deanna! I am just trying to get some new ideas for my pages!

o.k. I have some Liquid Pearls I'll try to use on a page.
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri May 08, 2009 10:00 am

Oh I love that sketch!!!

I'll have to swap out some digi stickles.... or glitter or something.... for some stickles. I'm traveling and won't be near my paper goodies....

BUT... I'll get to work!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri May 08, 2009 10:35 am

Great challenge Tammy! I hope it warms up for you guys!! '

We're off to town for a bit, then tonight my grandma is havin' a Stampin Up party so we are going to that.
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  twkoons Fri May 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Hey Steph I wish I lived closer I would go with to the Stampin Up Party...I haven't been to one of those for quite a few years. Finally the sun has come up, so it is a little warmer....we are doing good with the sale, but we are ready for 5:00! Mom is already tired, but I think she just wants to get home so she can scrap?!
twkoons
twkoons
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Fri May 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Tammy love the sketch!!! Deanna...just a heads up Michaels has stickles now in three packs and with that %40, what fun...they really are awesome!! Steph, I want to come to the stampin up party too...I haven't been to one in a hundred years or even know what the book looks like this year. Hope to be back later, it's dance tonight, have a very sick little boy and another that had a huge tooth pulled...should be fun at my house tonight.....NOT!!! lol!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Fri May 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Jill, our closest Michael's is nearly 2 hrs. away so won't be able to get any anytime soon.

We're going to see "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" tonight, so thought I'd get this one done early!

I used the Liquid Pearls here in baby blue on the black flower.
Sweet Bliss -
http://thesassyscrappers.net/PhotoPost/showphoto.php?photo=4071&ppuser=9
Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! Sweet_Bliss
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Fri May 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Wow that came out really awesome Deanna...and I can see that shimmer on your flower too!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri May 08, 2009 5:51 pm

Oooo, that looks really pretty against the black Deanna! (I need to find me some black flowers) Awesome job with the sketch!

The girls are at their mom's this weekend so I've been doing some rearranging in their room. It will look good for about a day!! LOL! Seems the more I move out the more they move in.
Gonna take a scrappy break in a couple hours. I love this sketch and can't wait to work with it. But I better get back to my cleaning before I get any more side tracked than I already am. wave
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri May 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Awesome stuff Deanna!!! I'm working on mine... no stickles though Smile
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  xhater Fri May 08, 2009 6:20 pm

Awesome job on the sketch, Deanna. I love the look of a lighter color Liquid Pearls to make that glimmer. Michaels is a 45 minutes drive but I am sure that they would be sold at Hobby Hobby (10 minutes). I haven't tried them and I just love the way they work.

Last edited by xhater on Fri May 08, 2009 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
xhater
xhater
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2443
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri May 08, 2009 6:36 pm

Here's mine:
Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! Dinos_small
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  twkoons Fri May 08, 2009 6:38 pm

WOW Deanna....I love your page! I don't have any liquid pearl but I will definately have to get some and give it a try. Have fun at the movies tonite, can't wait to hear what you think of it.

WOW also Michelle....I love the bright colors on your page! Great job!

We are finally done doing the garage sale today. We made a little over $200. Not too bad considering we didn't have a ton of stuff. We are doing it tomorrow too, but just until noon, thank goodness! I'm exhausted!
twkoons
twkoons
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  twkoons Fri May 08, 2009 6:40 pm

jillybean66 wrote:Tammy love the sketch!!! Deanna...just a heads up Michaels has stickles now in three packs and with that %40, what fun...they really are awesome!! Steph, I want to come to the stampin up party too...I haven't been to one in a hundred years or even know what the book looks like this year. Hope to be back later, it's dance tonight, have a very sick little boy and another that had a huge tooth pulled...should be fun at my house tonight.....NOT!!! lol!

Jill, hope your little boy feels better soon! Braden just got over being sick last week....
twkoons
twkoons
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Fri May 08, 2009 7:00 pm

Hey Tammy,

I'm exhausted too. I am so happy your brother, Bob, is picking up dad in in the morning to go fishing. I couldn't get up to be at your house by 5 in the morning. It's suppose to be super cold tomorrow too. So we need to dress warm.

I went with Sherri to the gym tonight and worked out on the bicycle again, so at least I'm trying to get in better shape.

Michelle and Deanna what pretty layouts. I want to work on mine tonight since I will be busy again tomorrow and then Sunday is a work day for me.

Did you notice ladies, Tammy got to play on her laptop this morning. lol! I want one so bad...

Have a great weekend everyone and chat with you all later.

Steph, have fun at the Stampin Up party, sounds fun!

Sorry, Jill your little guy is sick and another on the mend from a pulled tooth.

Deanna, enjoy your movie.

I hope I didn't forget anyone. Bye!
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri May 08, 2009 11:33 pm

Glad it warmed up for you eventually! The sun finally came out here around supper time, it always seems to work that way lately. After we went to town and met my grandma we ended up going to her house and I did some more yard work for her. Then called Brian after his class to come mow the lawn...I am scared of electric lawn mowers, and after watching him do it I'm sooooo glad I didn't even try...it was very long, he had to go over it three times on different heights to get it to look decent. The party was good...a lot of these people were old friends of my grandma's that hadn't seen me since I was Austin's size, lol, they were shocked when they asked my name and I told them and they realized who I was! LOL! My mom ordered me some paper...they had a deal on buy 3 packs of paper/cardstock and get a 4th free, so I got two packs of patterned paper and two packs of cardstock. I have a layout I'm hoping to finish up that I started last night and then I think I am off to bed...going to try and get to this one tomorrow!

Jill, hope your little ones are feeling better tonight!

And Tammy and Linda I hope it isn't too cold for you tomorrow and you have a great day!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat May 09, 2009 4:50 am

oh the movie was great but our car was hit going there! frustrated grrrr.......

This was on the road nearly when we got to the mall. 3 lanes on each side with a center lane between those. We were in the middle lane of our side and a car on the left of us decided to suddenly turn into our lane. Their lane was stopped. He hit behind the passenger door and tore off the bumper too. Good bit of rear damage! A huge truck which totally didn't look in his mirror or he would have seen us. So thankful he didn't decided to jump out into our lane sooner or he would have possibly hit DH's driver door. ugh!

We decided not to go to the movie because we were so bummed about the car, but went ahead and checked and it hadn't started so we went. JERK drivers!
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  twkoons Sat May 09, 2009 6:44 am

Oh no Deanna! Bummer!! So glad you guys didn't get hurt though.....hopefully the rest of the weekend will go better for you. I am just waiting for my mom to get here this morning and open the garage sale. It is cold again. About 35 deg. The guys were here around 5:00 this morning to get on the lake at 6:00 for fishing opener.....I hope they are not freezing to death. But last year it was cold and raining, at least there is no rain this morning! Hope everyone has a great day!
twkoons
twkoons
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat May 09, 2009 6:58 am

Oh NO Deanna!! Hope you are both all right... sounds like your vehicle is not though... stupid drivers!

What's up today everyone? I'm going to be packing the car and we'll be heading out here shortly... fun huh? Two more days in the car.... yeah.. NOT.

But, at least I have my computer....
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat May 09, 2009 7:18 am

Michelle...great Digi layout...by the way where are you traveling too??? Deanna I am so sorry to hear about your car...what a real pain those things can be! Happy to hear that you guys are both all right, that is the important thing. Hope you do well with the sales Tammy and Linda, sounds like you had a nice time at grandmas Steph!! New paper...welll yipeee for you Steph! Off to gymnastics in just a bit with DD. Hope you get lots of scrappy time Berta, with the girls being away...I could use that I tell ya! I hope to finish this sketch today, work on it last night! Chat with you all later and hope you all have a wonderful day!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat May 09, 2009 8:04 am

We are heading back from Arizona to home.... 1500 more miles.... yeah. fun.
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  twkoons Sat May 09, 2009 2:18 pm

We are done with the garage sale....Yippee! We didn't sell alot today, but overall had a good turnout. I'm excited I was able to get this page done! I used stickles on my flower...it was fun! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! IMG_2853-1
twkoons
twkoons
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sat May 09, 2009 2:58 pm

twkoons wrote:We are done with the garage sale....Yippee! We didn't sell alot today, but overall had a good turnout. I'm excited I was able to get this page done! I used stickles on my flower...it was fun! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Weekend CROP & CHAT for May 8th*****WINNER POSTED! IMG_2853-1

Wow! Tammy, how did you get that done. I'm exhausted and dad is sleeping. LOL! I love what you did with the stickles Tammy, great job!

I need to go through my pictures and get it done.

Deanna, that sucked big time. Some drivers! So happy no one was hurt.

Steph, yippee for you getting some new paper, awesome! Sounds like a good deal.

Michelle, have fun with your puter. I wish I could take mine with me. LOL!

Okay, I need to get myself motivated here...

Have a great day everyone.
redd1977
redd1977

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next