Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**Nov 14 weekend crop**

+8
scrappyshel
redd1977
911 scrapper
Tammyscraps
Berta
jillybean66
stephster17
meterr
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

**Nov 14 weekend crop** - Page 3 Empty Re: **Nov 14 weekend crop**

Post  redd1977 Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:38 pm

I love that black with the blue layout. So very pretty. Great job.
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:08 pm

cant they also use the little button at the top of the box you type your message in.. the one that links pics? its a little pic with a computer floppy disc in frount of it...if you put your mouse on it, it says "host an image" ive been using that, and i LOVE it!!!

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:26 pm

Oh, I guess so, lol! I have never tried it so I wasn't sure it even worked to be quite honest! LOL! Glad to know that it does though!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:42 pm

Great work Michelle!!! LOVE the layouts!!!

We got home fine... DH ordered his truck.. he's stoked.

Ht a bit of snow here and there on the trip... nothing sticking, but it's awfully early for us... oh well...
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:26 pm

Hi girls!

We are back from up North - saw just a few flurries - we just about hit a deer on the way home and my dh and I were talking about it's horns and our little one said "deers have corns on their head" - I try to write down some of the things she says. This has been a fun challenge for me to do!! - My very first! - I have always been so busy with my job(s) that I just never took the time to scrap that much and now that I am home more - I am getting caught up on pages and albums that I want to do!! Terri gave me the good info about that little image button and hosting an image - that's how I got my pictures on my messages lol! I am making an album for my dad for Christmas - 12 x 12 of him and my mom - when they were younger and when they first met - what else do you get your parent who doesn't need anything else? - My mom died 6 years ago this Christmas - so last year I made him a 8 x 8 album for Christmas and he was touched!! - Michelle - what kind of truck did your dh order? How fun and exciting!!! I hope everyone is having a good night - stay safe and happy scrapping!!!! later, michelle
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2014
BLOG: : http://michelle-imaginethat.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:39 pm

we just went to get my DD from work and saw 2 big deer standing off in the ditch, their eyes glowing! I was afraid they would run out and crash into us. Im so sleepy right now, which is weird for me, im a major nite owl. maybe i can get to bed and actually get up early.. but ill miss hockey if i do lol! gotta have hockey on Sat nite!

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:29 pm

We finally ventured out and up to the school to cast my vote(s)...honestly I can't even recall who I voted for, there was 4 different ballots: one for mayor, one for council members, one for school trustees, and one for some referendum that I totally did not understand since it was in legal speak! Oh well, at least I can say that I did in fact vote, lol! Came home, had some supper, beat my head on the wall trying to work on the gallery issues and now I need to get Austin to bed and maybe work on some cards or something!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:40 pm

i KNEW i should have made a card challenge!!!!

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:00 am

i did a name layout! Its my dad in the army. he was only 16 here and fibbed about his age to join up.
**Nov 14 weekend crop** - Page 3 Lefebv11

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:34 am

Great work Terri!!!

Michelle.... DH ordered an H3T Hummer..... he's been talking about them for MONTHS... since he saw them advertised to come out in this fall.... sheesh....

What's Sunday looking like for everyone? Need to do laundry here and work on a stocking.... will do that while watching football. Not sure what else....
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:21 am

Michelle - What color Hummer? How cool!!!! I bet your dh is excited cheer

Terri - I love that layout!!! The texture to that is simply awesome!!! The colors and everything!!!! Love it!! Is that digital? I would like to try digital sometime lol!

We woke up to a bit of snow!!! Right now big fluffy snowflakes!!! - I am drinking my coffee, listening to the washing machine and watching Little Mermaid with Julia - does it get any better lol! I need to organize my scrap things to bring to a crop today cheer The cheering is not for organizing, but for going to a crop lol!

I hope everyone is having a good morning and are doing what they want to do!!! later, michelle
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:12 am

Well, I wasn't sure I'd get this one done this weekend because I didn't have any photos to crop. But we went out and got a new printer/copier/scanner yesterday that is compatible with Vista!! and I was able to scan this picture of my grandfather in his Navy uniform with his brother Stan in Maine before he left for duty. I haven't done many heritage layouts, but I had some BG periphery that I thought would work perfect for this. Thanks for the great challenge Terri! And I love all the layouts I see!!

**Nov 14 weekend crop** - Page 3 Gram1942web

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:21 pm

awesome layout Tammy!!! I also like to make my pics big in heritage layouts so all the details can be seen. I love the curled paper and lace and of course, the big key!!

have fun at your crop Michelle!! Ive never been to a "live" crop before!! And, yes, my layouts digi. i made it late last night when i couldent sleep, but dident feel like dragging out all my paper stuff.

Michelle 2.... lol! i watched football today too, but alas.. the Lions lost AGAIN! they havent won a game yet this yr!!

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:56 pm

He got black.... he's very stoked!

Yeah.... the Chiefs... right up there with the Lions..... sheesh... 1 and 9.... my goodness.... rebuilding is RIGHT!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:00 pm

Congrats on the new truck Michelle, love your layout Tammy...it came out awesome. Haven't had any time to play this weekend...still doing laundry. Have fun at your crop Michelle...I have never been to a live one either!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:33 pm

Hey girls!!! Back from my crop afternoon - there is 4-5 of us that get together once a month Nov. - April on Sundays!! Today there was only 3 of us - sad day though - my best girlfriend Brenda's 2nd cousin was found deceased in the desolate area East of here about an hour - her ex-husband confessed to killing her last night after they found the body - they had been looking for her for just over a week - 27 years old - Alisha Sidde - There is a little mention of the case on Nancy Grace/CNN about the case - They have 2 year old twins, so sad day - was hard to see my friend so sad - she was glad she went though - something different to focus on and we all had good snacks and watched the GreenBay Packers win and I heard the MN Vikings lost - I finished up all of my challenges for this weekend - I will go and take photos and add them to this thread - I hope everyone is having a great day! Tammy, I love, love your page!!! The curled up paper and lace - rock on!!!! michelle cheer
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Every time I come back I see more great layouts. Great job ladies.

OMG! we have to Michelle's, its hard enough to keep the two Tammy's straight. LOL

Michelle #1, wow weeeeeee... A hummer, how awesome is that. Congrats!

Michelle #2, sorry to hear about your best friends, cousin. How sad is that. I can't understand what drives people to kill like this. Its so sad, my heart goes out to the family.

I did my first ever heritage page. This is of my husband's side of the family. I actually enjoyed doing it.

It was another busy day here. I watch grandson, Braden for a bit while the girls took the younguns to the movies.

**Nov 14 weekend crop** - Page 3 Scan0011
redd1977
redd1977

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi girls -

You all can refer to me as Michelle #2 lol! - Linda, love your layout! I see it has some texture to it - I like how you used the vintage type paper - with it's colors and how you did the flower and added more flowers on top!!! Are you sure it's your first ever Heritage layout!!! I love those old photos!! - Yeah, it's big news around here about her ex -husband killing her - he was even out "looking for her that first day after she "went missing" -

Anyway, I finished up all my layout challenges for this weekend's crop: It's a photo from 1949 - little bit of journaling: Judy, David and Diane, Rock Rapids, IA - Christmas - 1949

This is challenge #1: - I used the colors blue, grey and green - paper is from Basic Grey - Periphery Line - love it!! 1st time using it!!! -
**Nov 14 weekend crop** - Page 3 Scrapb41

Challenge #6 I believe it is the "make something old new" - I did two of them:

This is one I put in our kitchen by the sink to hold dish soap - I just used rub ons - simple to do -
**Nov 14 weekend crop** - Page 3 Scrapb42

The second one is: I bought this old tin container at a garage sale last summer and I used modge podge and added a copy of a old seed package -

**Nov 14 weekend crop** - Page 3 Scrapb43

Thanks for looking!!! I enjoyed being in my very first ever crop/chat weekend!!! Good job Terri!!!!!! I will have to start thinking what challenges I am going to have in store for you girls!!!!! have a great night and be safe!!! michelle
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:04 pm

Michelle #2, you really rocked these challenges this weekend, they are all awesome! Linda, love your layout!! Love the flower!!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Janice Nielson Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:32 pm

I haven't been able to get into the gallery to upload yesterday or today. I just get a message that it is down for maintenance. But here are the layouts I've done
Challenge #1
I used red, white and blue

**Nov 14 weekend crop** - Page 3 2v8sfib
And for Challenge #3 Scrap a rellie. I scrapped my DH

**Nov 14 weekend crop** - Page 3 Fn4gts
Janice Nielson
Janice Nielson
Poor Cinderella
Poor Cinderella

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://janicen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:48 pm

Wowsers!! Woderful work here ladies!!!

Shel, congrats on the new truck!!

Michelle that is awful! I'm so sorry for your friend and her family!!!

I have been stuck in the gallery all day! I got it figured out finally, but then it was such a mess from trying and retrying that I ended up doing a totally fresh reinstall, and starting all over again! Its going smoothly now but I'm taking a little break now to catch up on what I've missed today and get Austin into the tub for a bath! Still need to get the gallery finished, look through the DT submissions again, send some emails, post the class I forgot to post on Friday on the blog, and get things ready for the crop starting tomorrow! It's going to be a looooooong night!!! Who's going to be here keeping me company???? LOL!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:31 pm

Love your layouts, Janice!! How neat to do a layout of your dh!!! Has he seen it? Glad you got a chance to make some layouts!!!!! cheer nice job!!! michelle #2
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:44 pm

wow!! awesome layouts everyone!! Linda, i love your layout!! the flower looks like it IS vintage!!
Michelle 2, Im sorry to hear of your friends death. Hope the guy gets what he deserves! I love your black papaer! it looks like its textured wallpaper from an old victorian house! Also looove your old to new containers!! I love making things i can actually use in the house! Janice, your layouts rock!! The opposite one is so cool of an idea!! My 2 older kids are the same way! im so glad everyones having fun and trying new things!!

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:45 pm

oh forgot to add a cheer for Steph!!! cheer thanks for getting the gallery back on track!!! dance

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:13 am

LOL! Thanks Terri!!!

I am finally going to bed!! Still didn't get the class done and there is still an issue with the gallery that is driving me up the wall, but I am exhausted, so I am going to get some sleep and try again with a fresh brain in the morning!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down