Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!*

+11
BabyDoll3
Deanna
jillybean66
Tammyscraps
redd1977
Berta
scrappyshel
TrishD
Knutschen
Willow
stephster17
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* Empty World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!*

Post  stephster17 Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:24 pm

Happy Friday ladies!!

The DT has come up with some fun challenges for us this weekend! We have five challenges in total...each challenge that you complete will get you in the draw for a prize at the end of the weekend! Get your cards uploaded by midnight PST on Monday!!

So, here are the challenges...

#1: Amy's Challenge
Create a card of any theme using lots of ribbons!
Amys example:
World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* Normal_DSC09573

#2: Amy's Bonus Challenge
Create a card of any theme with a decorative edge...scallops, waves, even torn edges will work
Here's my example:
World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* Normal_01240001
Amys example:
World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* Normal_DSC09575

#3: Valerie's Challenge
"Happy Friday everyone! I'm so glad the week-end is here. My challenge is for you to create a birthday card using paper piecing on the front. Here's one I made using a couple of simple pieces to make a cupcake. You can use any piecing you want, or you can make a cupcake card like I did!"

And here is Valerie's awesome card!
World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* Birthdaycupcake001

#4: Steph's Challenge
Go and check out the new daily card sketch blog...Card Sketch A Day...and have a look around! Lots of fun sketches to work with! When you've had a good look around check out THIS SKETCH and create a card based on it...any theme goes!
Here is my card based on the sketch using a new Page Frames Designs clear card...
World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* Normal_01240003

#5: Bonus Challenge
Create a card, any theme, that is EITHER an unusual shape (aka not rectangle or square) OR that has an unusual fold (aka not just folded in half).
Here is my card using a template I found at SplitCoastStampers

World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* Normal_01240005

#6: Maureen's Challenge
I want to see you use this sketch (which I found on the Card Sketch A Day Blog). With that I would also like you to use some kind of fall color (red, orange, yellow, brown) some place on the card.
World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* 015-3

There ya have it! Can't wait to see all the beautiful cards start rollin in!!

Last edited by stephster17 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:20 am; edited 4 times in total
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* Empty Re: World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!*

Post  stephster17 Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Here's my cupcake card Smile

World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* Normal_01240004

So, what does everyone have planned for the weekend??
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* Empty Re: World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!*

Post  Willow Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:44 pm

I'm scrapping this weekend! I have some projects to complete and some other fun stuff to work on.

Here are my cards for the card challenges:

Steph's Sketch Challenge
World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* ThankYou002

Amy's Ribbon/Decorative Edge Challenge
World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* HappyBirthdayRibbon001

Unusual Shape Challenge
World Card Making Day C&C - 10/03 *WINNER Posted!* ThankYou001
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Number of posts : 3896
BLOG: : www.vsws.typepad.com
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Knutschen Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Cute cards!!!

I am going to a crop tonight. I ended up falling asleep and woke up around 1430 and need to get things together!! I am most likely just going to do a few kits that I have saved in my crop tote!

Then this weekend I have got to get things together for my trip as I leave next Thursday!! dancing
Knutschen
Knutschen
Red Hot Mamma
Red Hot Mamma

Number of posts : 1724
BLOG: : http://knutschen.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://knutschen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:37 pm

Steph and Valerie, I love your cards! And the samples, too.
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:46 pm

What FUN CHALLENGES!!! WOO HOO!!!

I'm gonna be a makin' cards this weekend!!! Tonight... gonna get me a cold beer and relax for a bit... then go get my room cleaned to be ready to rock.
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:54 pm

ok, so I goofed, lol!!! Amy's challenge was actually meant to be two seperate challenges...one to use lots of ribbon and one to use a decorative edge, so I will fix it in the top post...hopefully everyone hasn't done them all already, lol!!! Sorry!!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:19 pm

Wow! Fun cards I'm seeing already! I love ribbon so that one should be easy! Love your serendipity heart Valerie! Might lift that idea!!

It's raining here and is supposed to rain hard tonight and tomorrow (our first in months and we really need this). So I have NO PLANS and NOWHERE TO GO and my girls won't be home until Sunday evening. Hows that for the perfect scrappy weekend!!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:22 pm

No plans tonight, I want to make these cards and would like to scap tomorrow too. Sunday I will have to work.

I love the cards ladies.
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:39 pm

Valerie, all your cards are awesome!! Great work!!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:01 pm

Wow, these are great challenges and Im ready to go scrap! We just had dinner with my dd and now she's off with her boyfriend. I just blogged (yay me), 2 in 1 day can you believe it??? I completed a challenge layout that was a very difficult one for me to do. But I've got it done and Im so glad I did it. Couldn't wait to share it on my blog! It is so cold here, but I've got a nice little heater up in my scrap room.

Berta, it's so good to see you here, been missing seeing you around so often!!

Well the DT came up with some awesome challenges, so Im off to work on them! Be back to chat later!!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Willow Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:04 pm

Thanks everyone. I combined two of Amy's cards in one - ribbon + scalloped edge. Feel free to lift any of the ideas. That's why we posted them!

Steph, your cards are so sweet. I just love your take on the cupcake card! And that pieced candle card rocks!! Amy, love the way you tied your ribbons on your card, and made it a "note card"!

Sounds like a lot of you have time to scrap this weekend. I have been at my scrap table ALL day today. I got 3 cards made and 4 layouts! That's a lot for me, because I'm not a fast scrapper

I'm going to sign off for today, and watch a movie with my husband tonight. I worked late several nights this week, so we haven't seen each other much. But I'll be back tomorrow and I hope to see some great cards from all of you!!
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:11 pm

Just got back from the run around, of dance dinner etc....just awesome cards girls...don't know what is on tap for this eveing...just hope I can stay awake and either make a few cards or just scrap a page!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Wow! Good for you Valerie! This IS a lot! You definitely deserve a break with your DH!

Thanks for missing me Tammy! My BIL had a heart attack a couple weeks ago and things have been a little weird around here. He had to have 5, yes 5, bypasses. He's just 56. I've been scrapping but kind of sporadic...it's nice to finally have a free weekend again.
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:00 pm

So sorry about your BIL Berta! I hope he is on the mend now, 5 bypass is a lot, and the recovery can sometimes be worse than the actual operation. Glad to see things have calmed down a bit for you!

Well I got 3 cards done so far. Not sure if I have another one left in my tonight. Im going to take a break and go watch wife swap and ghost whisperer that I DVR'd while I was scrapping!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:01 pm

Wonderful cards and challenges! I hope to be around some this weekend!
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Good Eveing ladies. I plan to get some scrapping done today. I've sent Steph a few challenges. I was planning to post them sooner. Things didn't go as planned this week.

Love all the challenges

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:02 pm

Berta, hope your BIL is getting better.

Great cards you ladies have already created

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Sorry about your BIL Berta! I hope he is on the mend now!

Valerie, hope you enjoyed your movie! We got a couple to watch tonight too, Brian is over.

We had a day full of running around today. I am not feeling to great so we are going to lie back and watch our movies...after Ghost Whisperer, lol, we are watching it right now Tammy! Tomorrow I have to head out to the LSS to drop off my cards for the card drive and then pick up a few groceries. Hoping to scrap a bit tomorrow afternoon/evening. I got Austin a new Thomas train track today and he is loving it, it should keep him occupied enough for me to get some stuff done.
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:46 pm

I added a new challenge from Maureen to the top post ladies!! dancing
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Good challenge Maureen! We had dinner and then stopped at Michael's for some supplies. Got home rather late, but it was a good evening.
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:06 am

Wow girls... sounds like this weekend is gonna be filled with scrappy goodness..... YEAH!!!!

I'm planning on getting going this morning.... then going and picking up pics when they get ready... and to the corn maze with the kiddos.... then back at scrapping!!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:16 am

Good Morning,

I'm up bright and early as Bella (dog) got us up at 5:45. Will be doing some scrappin soon here. Not much else planned for today

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyDoll3 Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:40 am

berta hope all is well with bil. im hopping to scrap today as well has make cards dancing
BabyDoll3
BabyDoll3
Making Friends
Making Friends

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Willow Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:49 am

Thanks for adding a new card challenge Maureen! DH and I watched things we had recorded last night instead of a movie. But it was nice to relax.

Today I'm going to work on some things for next week-end's "Passionately Pink Crop" and some layouts using the October kit. I'm sure I'll be watching some college football this afternoon and evening!
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next