Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen*

+11
Knutschen
jillybean66
redd1977
Sherri L
stephster17
Tammyscraps
Willow
scrappyshel
mmeier
Berta
TrishD
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* Empty 8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen*

Post  TrishD Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:20 pm

I am sorry it took me all day to get here. It's been busy!

First I'd like to thank you for participating. I was so nervous about hosting and it was such fun and now I can't wait to do it again!

We put the names in a bowl and MAUREEN's name was drawn. Congrats MAUREEN!!

Maureen, I have your address and will send your package later this morning.

Welcome to the Weekend Crop & Chat!

The challenge: At first I was thinking a card with scallops, but it's Labor Day weekend, so maybe something patriotic or with stripes or red, white and blue, or with stars or. . . how about we just make a card. For whatever reason.

Let's see what you can come up with and I'll draw a random winner for a rak from me.

The Card: I'm having some trouble with this. Sorry.
[img][url=http://sassyscrappers.powweb.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-619[/url][/img]

The RAK:
8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* Rak_go10

Last edited by TrishD on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* Empty Re: 8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen*

Post  Berta Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Oooooo! Nice RAK. That would be worth working for. So we can do cards for anything?? I need to do a couple b-day cards...this is a good incentive.
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* Empty Re: 8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen*

Post  TrishD Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:19 pm

Yes, cards for anything. I need to make an assorted few myself. What is everyone doing today?
I'm still at work and it's been a bear. That's because Monday the office is closed. Yippee!! I think I have about another hour here. My desk looks, hey, it looks like my scrap table. There's stuff everywhere!
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mmeier Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:26 pm

too fun, love cards........I will see what I can make!!
mmeier
mmeier
Sally Swing
Sally Swing

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:28 pm

Okie dokie!! Can doodley doo!!!

I just got home from work.... opened a beer before I even sat down (if that tells ya how my day went).... and now I'm checking the boards....

I'm GOING to scrap tonight!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:05 pm

It's time for me to begin my trek home (it takes about an hour). I'll be back!
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Willow Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:47 pm

I love your challenge Trish. One we don't have think too much about. I need to make some cards too -- and what a cool rak!!
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Number of posts : 3896
BLOG: : www.vsws.typepad.com
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:21 pm

I had some scraps on my desk from the kit I've been working with this week.

8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* Normal_cropcardweb

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:51 pm

Drive careful Trish!!

Michelle hope your evening goes better than your day! It must have been rough if it drove you to drinkin'!! LOL!!

That's a beautiful card Tammy!!

The girls left a couple hours ago to go to their mom's until Monday. Dh went to a company dinner in Sacramento. And so I'm all by myself right now and enjoying the QUIET!!!!

I've got a pile of scraps in my space too. I used one of Lucy Chesna's sketches at My Sketch World as inspiration for these 2 cards.
8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* Normal_1387
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:18 pm

You guys have blown me away already!!!

Well Berta... things are going well tonight, but just enjoying my family and relaxing... didn't get to my room yet.

Maybe in the am before heading to St. Louie!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:30 pm

Love the challenge Trish!! My mom just picked me up some white cs and card envelopes so I am definitely ready for this one! LOL! And that is quite the RAK!

Great cards so far Berta and Tammy!!

Michelle, glad you are having a better evening!

Berta, enjoy your quiet evening/weekend!!

We are having a quiet night here too, going to try and get Austin to bed early...although it never works so I don't know why I bother, lol!! We were out most of the day with daddy though so he might!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:58 pm

Nice challenge Trish. I need to Make some cards so this will be great. I have to work tomorrow till 4p. but I'll try to visit as much as I can.Love the RAK too. Great job with the cards so far.
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Here is mine
sorry its so small, moms not here to help me figure it out.

http://sassyscrappers.powweb.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0
8/29 Weekend Crop and Chat *RAK Winner: Maureen* Thumb_sherri_pics_035
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:43 pm

Tammy, Berta and Sherri - you girls are quick! The cards are lovely!! Well, I worked til 7 and then had the girls pick me up. We went straight to the grocery store and now dinner is cooking. Luckily, Kayla wanted baked beans (she loves them) and hot dogs. Easy peasy! We also have Ben this weekend and though he can be picky, he'll always eat a hot dog.

Michelle, have a safe trip in the a.m. Enjoy your weekend!

Enjoy your quiet evening, Steph. I'm a tad green, it's not so quiet here. LOL! Kayla's making a milkshake and a mess and Ben is shooting everyone with the plastic mallet from the whack-a-mole game.
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:08 pm

Trish, hope you get some quiet time tonight! Sounds like it's kind of a zoo lol! We had a nice relaxing night tonight. Youngest dd had cheerleading tryouts from 5-9 and hubby picked up a pizza so I was able to get some scrapping done. Just picked up dd so thinking about going up for one more layout. Tomorrow should be quiet too. I've just picked a slew of tomatoes and cukes from the garden so I'm planning making pickles and freezing tomatoes tomorrow. Hubby will be busy with his fantasy football and games on tv so I should get some scrappy time tomorrow too!

Berta, those cards are just too cute!!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:26 pm

Hope the kids settles down for ya Trish!! Austin has actually been asleep for two hours already and I have done absolutely nothing, lol! I better get to work!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:42 pm

Well I'm finally here. We got back about an hour ago from visiting my cousin and aunt who will be moving to Indiana in a week. I will miss them but glad I got to see them before they go.

Stopped by to see my son Shane and family too.

Now is 10:41 here and I'm dog tired. So will go to bed and may some cards tomorrow.

Hope you all sleep well and see you in the morning. Night!
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Before I go to bed, Tammy, Berta, Sherri great cards. I love them.

Great RAK Trish.

Okay, night all.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:16 pm

Sleep tight Linda!

Well so far I finished 2 cards, 1 LO, and almost another. I don't know why I seem to scrap slower when the kids are gone! ??? I think it's cause I start looking thru my scrap mags and can actually enjoy them so I start reading articles and before I know it an hour or two have passed. I am enjoying the quiet but it's almost too quiet...KWIM?

Sherri, your card is beautiful. Fall is my favorite season and I LOVE the Fall colors!!

Well, I guess I'll get back to my project. See ya all in the morning (or your afternoon if I sleep in...which IS the plan) Night all!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:54 am

Hope you have a good rest Linda, sounds like a busy day!!

Berta, hope you get to sleep in tomorrow!!

I got a card and a paperbag album done with my DT kit tonight! Tomorrow we are going to see my grandma at my aunt's house...Brian is coming into town I told him call me there when he's done what he needs to do so I have an excuse to leave, how awful am I? LOL!!! But she really is driving me nutty, and if she threatens to smack Austin one more time I just might smack HER!! I do not smack my child and neither will anyone else! When we get home I am planning on doing some serious scrapping and card making!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:19 am

Steph hope you have a good day. Hope she doesn't drive you to nutty. I have to work today til 4 so you ladies have fun.
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:44 am

Beautiful card Sherri!! LOVE the colors and the ribbon Smile

Well.... we are planning on leaving around noon today.... should be taking the computer so I can check in this weekend, but no scrap plans....
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:04 am

Well it looks like it may rain here today, which really would be kinda nice, I'd love to spend the day up in my scrap room scrapping the day away and listening to the rain fall! First I have to drop dd off at cheerleading practice, then get the ingredients for pickles Im planning on making today and then making a pit stop at AC Moore.

Berta you are so lucky! I'd love to be able to sleep in! Steph, hope your day go okay today and you are not be awful, I wouldn't want anyone slapping my kid around either!! Michelle, hope you have a great weekend!! Sounds like fun!! Sherri, hope you have a good day at work and it goes by fast!!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:15 am

Good morning! I can't believe I slept in. But it was nice. It rained during the night and is overcast here this morning. But I would welcome a rainy day, too. I'd get so much more done. Sounds like everyone had a lovely, peaceful evening. Tammy, I'm envious. Making your own pickles. That's pretty awesome!

Sherri, I, too, hope your work day goes fast, but your evening slow.

Hello Linda! You had a busy night. I hope you got some rest.

Michelle, have a safe and fun trip!! I'm glad you will be checking in.

Berta, that's the way it is for me when it comes to cleaning the house. If the girls are here, I get some cleaning done, but when they are not, I read, read, read and get nothing else done.

Steph, I am looking forward to seeing your paper bag album. I just recently made one but still need to add photos. These are fun to make. Hey, have a good visit and I love that you set up a "get me out quick" plan. That's what's great about having a baby around - opps, it's nap time, gotta go.

I think I hear Ben, he'll be wanting breakfast. Kayla's snoring - that child will probably sleep til noon.
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:39 am

Okay guys, I slept in but I'm here now, but I need to ask someone a question Berta said "KWIM" in one of her sentences and I have seen you ladies use that before. What does it stand for??? I have no idea Rolling Eyes and I never ask... well now I'm asking. LOL

Now gotta get my card done.

No wait I got it, I got it.. It means kwim means "know what I mean." Ha! I figured it out all by myself. lol!

Last edited by redd1977 on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next