Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat Thread

+8
stephster17
alteredego
NikkiLove
tallulah1
xhater
redd1977
Berta
Scrappin Amy
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chat Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post  Robin Marie Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:10 am

Border punches breaking !!!!! not a good start but all wioll get better if any can help you thru Linda can ......
Robin Marie
Robin Marie
Riding The Rails
Riding The Rails

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:22 am

Nikki hope your finger gets better. Sounds sore... Well I have work this morning and afternoon and then hopefully I can scrap afterwards. Smile
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  tallulah1 Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Have you tried putting metholate on it? Old school - but after a day it will help take the soreness out.

I have gotten 3 challenges done so far - not as many as I hoped but I had to work on work stuff this morning and it took me 3 1/2 hours!! ugh!!! But its billable time so -.....
But it cut into my scrap time!!!

Janelle

scrap
tallulah1
tallulah1
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Knutschen Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:41 pm

I forgot about the crop this weekend. Here it is Sunday evening and I work the next couple of days. I got my Gypsy delivered late last week so I have been playing with that! I haven't cut anything yet but I might have to try tonight. I am tired so I might end up falling asleep instead!
Knutschen
Knutschen
Red Hot Mamma
Red Hot Mamma

Number of posts : 1724
BLOG: : http://knutschen.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://knutschen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tallulah1 Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:53 pm

Whats a Gypsy???
tallulah1
tallulah1
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:27 pm

I have been so busy!! Ugh! Storms hitting so maybe no school tomorrow (hoping) so ill do some digi tonight and do my paper stuff tomorrow. Watching team USA vs team Canada Olympic hockey and relaxing.

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Knutschen Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:21 am

tallulah1 wrote:Whats a Gypsy???

The Gypsy works with the Cricut. It has Design Studio loaded on it so you can create on the go! I am loving it so far! :thumbsup:

Here is the link to the website: http://www.cricut.com/gypsy/
Knutschen
Knutschen
Red Hot Mamma
Red Hot Mamma

Number of posts : 1724
BLOG: : http://knutschen.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://knutschen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:12 am

meterr wrote:I have been so busy!! Ugh! Storms hitting so maybe no school tomorrow (hoping) so ill do some digi tonight and do my paper stuff tomorrow. Watching team USA vs team Canada Olympic hockey and relaxing.

I bet you could hear me screaming at the computer all the way from your house during that game Terri! LOL!! I had to watch the game online because Brian doesn't have cable and between his internet connection freezing the game on me every few minutes and the game itself there were some not so nice words coming out of my mouth! :x Shocked Brian was AT the game with his dad, brother and nephew, and I can imagine there was some even worse things being said there, lol, I haven't talked to him yet, but even though we lost I'm sure it was super exciting just to BE there!

Glad that everyone is happy with the extra day! I am off school this week for our "reading break" so I'm planning on having a scrappy week, starting tomorrow night when I get home! Maybe I can manage to get a challenge or two done myself!

Terri...., yes, digi or paper is fine!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:37 am

We've been gone out of town all weekend and hope to catchup some today.
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiLove Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:42 am

well, I couldn't take it anymore and popped my finger. I had poke it 6 times and did manage to get some of the infection out but the dang thing just doesn't want to cooperate. I was having to push and squeeze my poor finger to death and the yuckies still didn't want to come out. Once I couldn't stand the pain any longer, I wiped it down with alcohol and then sprayed some peroxide on it. May have to try and pop it again tonight after the swelling goes down. If you think this sounds gross, you should take a looksie at it. It's even grosser than it sounds...lol

ok, enough with my finger trauma. I'm planning on getting the rest of the challenges done today/tonight. Yippie!!!! chicken
NikkiLove
NikkiLove
Riding The Rails
Riding The Rails

Number of posts : 313
BLOG: : nlovewithscrappin.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2009-03-13

http://www.nlovewithscrappin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:52 am

That does sound like tha same problems my son is having Nikki! My hubbys gram said an oltime remedy is soak a peice of bread in milk, then soak the infected part in that mixture.. it pulls out the infection!! Crazy huh? Hes to the point of trying it!
i got 1 digi and 1 paper layout done. We got a foot of snow and its still falling, but no ice. Everyone on our street is using snowblowers.. except us!!!

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:24 am

Hello ladies...

I have to tell you about my morning. I was a royal reader today in my grandson, Bryce's Kindergarten class. I read four small books Gossie, Gossie and Gertie, Ollie and Ollie the Stomper. The kids all seemed to enjoy them and they were so sweet and attentive. I really enjoyed myself. Brought me back to my old teaching preschool and daycare times. Smile

Bryce had to put the royal cape on me and my crown and I walked down the royal red carpet laid out for me... I want to share two pictures with you...

Chat Thread - Page 2 Bryceandme

Chat Thread - Page 2 Bryceclass

I can't wait to order these pictures and scrapbook them.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:05 pm

omgosh Linda, you are adorable in your cape and crown!! How fun!!!

We are heading into town to grab some lunch and enjoy our sunshine and WARM weather, it's quite crazy, we're heading out in our t-shirts and almost everyone else has snow!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  alteredego Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:19 pm

redd1977 wrote:Hello ladies...

I have to tell you about my morning. I was a royal reader today in my grandson, Bryce's Kindergarten class. I read four small books Gossie, Gossie and Gertie, Ollie and Ollie the Stomper. The kids all seemed to enjoy them and they were so sweet and attentive. I really enjoyed myself. Brought me back to my old teaching preschool and daycare times. Smile

Bryce had to put the royal cape on me and my crown and I walked down the royal red carpet laid out for me... I want to share two pictures with you...

Chat Thread - Page 2 Bryceandme

Chat Thread - Page 2 Bryceclass

I can't wait to order these pictures and scrapbook them.

that is totally adorable and what a pricless memory. Great pictures
alteredego
alteredego
Making Friends
Making Friends

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:50 pm

Thanks Steph, Sounds like I want to be where you are. LOL! We are going get cold again.

Thanks Julie... I can't wait to scrap them and put them in grandson Bryce's album.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Marie Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Sis great of you to helpout / and you look so nice ..... getting colder here Ish..... was glad to see you put the pics on sassy so we all could enjoy!!!!
Robin Marie
Robin Marie
Riding The Rails
Riding The Rails

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  xhater Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:33 pm

I just stopped in to check on everyone and saw the post giving us an extra day. Thank you, Steph! I am finishing one right now after taking a short nap and still have a couple more to go. The weekend is always busy and hard to work in scrapping especially for a crop. Thank you, Amy for getting thimgs started. It is difficult for me to be in the latest time zone (EST). I might have the same amount to time to work but I have to rearrange my sleeping habits during a crop. rofl I was on an Aussie site and since they were 14 hours AHEAD of me, I was forced to stop going there. Even with their month long crops, they would have a quickie challenge each week with 24 hours to do it and I would usually not read the challenge until it was almost due! lol!
xhater
xhater
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2443
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 pm

ALL HAIL QUEEN LINDA!!! flowers That is so cool! Awesome photos!!

I had my first experience with Jury Duty selection this morning. After 3 hours I didn't get called but it was kind of cool seeing how the process works. All the years that I did day care I was exempt so I was a little disappointed not to get called now that I have lots of time.
DH took me out to lunch afterwards...gotta love that.

The girls are back from their Mom's so they were here after school until 7:30. So I am just getting one page done tonight. Hopefully I'll get a couple more done tomorrow with the extension.
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  alteredego Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:25 pm

funny you should mention that Berta, I just got a letter in the mail saying I am to serve on Jury Duty!!!! I am not happy. This is the 4th time in 4 years they have drawn my name. I have tried to explain to them I own my own business and that I have no employer, I have no one to fill in for me to take of these kiddos....all they here is blah, blahhh, blahhhhh. So how did you get out of soo many years with the daycare?
alteredego
alteredego
Making Friends
Making Friends

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiLove Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:26 am

show up with your kids in tow and tell them you don't have a sitter. They'll let you go in a flash rofl
NikkiLove
NikkiLove
Riding The Rails
Riding The Rails

Number of posts : 313
BLOG: : nlovewithscrappin.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2009-03-13

http://www.nlovewithscrappin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrappin Amy Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:53 am

so weird....I got a letter saying to be in court Tues for jury. I played dumb and called
to see if I would be done by 3pm to pick up my son from school and they let me out
of it. They have a list of like 5 things on the back of the summons that will get you
out of it. Noone to be there for under age kids is one of them here in Texas anyways.
Scrappin Amy
Scrappin Amy
Owner and Design Team Member

Number of posts : 4701
BLOG: : http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/

http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Scrappin Amy wrote:so weird....I got a letter saying to be in court Tues for jury. I played dumb and called
to see if I would be done by 3pm to pick up my son from school and they let me out
of it. They have a list of like 5 things on the back of the summons that will get you
out of it. Noone to be there for under age kids is one of them here in Texas anyways.

WOW! I didn't know you could get out of it for that, but it's a fantastic reason!

I'm one that hates jury duty!
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi ladies! Just popping in quick to say hi and let you know that I will be working on the winners later tonight or tomorrow morning and will have them posted before I go to work tomorrow night!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrappin Amy Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Deanna wrote:
Scrappin Amy wrote:so weird....I got a letter saying to be in court Tues for jury. I played dumb and called

WOW! I didn't know you could get out of it for that, but it's a fantastic reason!

I'm one that hates jury duty!

On the back it said something about leaving a under aged child unsupervised.
Which makes since cause if I dont pick him up there would be a 7yr old sitting there
alone that anyone could kidnapped or something.
Ours also said if you take care of someone eldery.
Also if it would bring hardship on your family.
Scrappin Amy
Scrappin Amy

Number of posts : 4701
BLOG: : http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/

http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:35 am

Wow! I am surprised at how many got called or received letters for jury duty. I just got my first letter ever for jury duty to be filled out in ten days and sent back. I did it online.

I don't care to do this kind of stuff, but I don't think there is anyway I can get out of it. I also am an independent contractor and I have no one else to take my place for my work either.
redd1977
redd1977

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next