Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tutti Frutti Crop Chat

+5
scrappyshel
stephster17
911 scrapper
scrapadoodler
jscraps4u
9 posters

Go down

Tutti Frutti Crop Chat Empty Tutti Frutti Crop Chat

Post  jscraps4u Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:10 am

Hey all....how are you all doing?
Getting much done?

I went to a crop last night and finished my sample for the color challenge, a card for DT work, and started The Silly challenge!! What fun!

Anyone else scrapping today?
jscraps4u
jscraps4u
Design Team Member
Design Team Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-02-19

http://www.jpaluga.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Tutti Frutti Crop Chat Empty Re: Tutti Frutti Crop Chat

Post  scrapadoodler Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Yay, thanks for starting the crop chat thread!! I was just thinking about that!! LOL!! Yep, I am planning on getting scrappy here in a few mintues!!
scrapadoodler
scrapadoodler
Poor Cinderella
Poor Cinderella

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  scrapadoodler Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:24 am

OK, am printing off all the challenges now!! Yay!!
scrapadoodler
scrapadoodler
Poor Cinderella
Poor Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi all - I am camping and working this weekend - left camping to come to work a 12 hour shift in the ER - hope everyone is having a great day!!!! It's nice and quite here (for the moment - yeah!!! - but I would rather be on the lake today!!!) michelle m
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2014
BLOG: : http://michelle-imaginethat.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:02 pm

Brian had to go out of town again, so we are at his house. The morning after he got home from being gone last week he got a call from his best friend's sister, that he had passed away. They have been friends since they were ten (30 years) and Brian was quite a wreck when he found out, luckily he had just seen him a couple days before while he was away. So, this weekend he is down in Victoria visiting with his friend's family. Long story short, so far I am NOT scrapping! I'm not sure when he'll be back but I'm hoping for today sometime so I can get home an work on something. At least he left the laptop this time so I'm not fighting with that other beast of a machine, lol!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jscraps4u Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:25 pm

Oh bummer Steph...I hope Brian is ok!!!
jscraps4u
jscraps4u
Design Team Member
Design Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:14 pm

I'm just poppin' in... I am TIRED... my goodness... it's been a long day and a lot of work, but I'm finally done with my list of things to do.... WHEW... If I can get some energy, I may scrap later.. waiting for Martha and her family to arrive.... last check about an hour ago, they were in Kansas... so only one state away!!!

And, I'm starting to hear some thunder... so it may be a good time to relax and maybe have a little bit of a nap!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:18 pm

You must be so anxious waiting for them to get there Shel!!

Thanks Janet, he seems to be doing a lot better...he was not sure at first what he passed from, his friend has a drug problem but he stayed clean for the couple days Brian was there (Brian just took his 9 months clean last week!!) and he was worried that after he left him that he might have overdosed and was feeling guilty for leaving because his friend was a little agitated when he left. We still are not completely sure what happened exactly, but it was a heart attack, and since he was "supposed" to be on heart medication it did ease Brian's mind a little...thought it still could have been a combination of any number of things that caused it.

Anyways, enough of the pleasantness...I talked to him today and he is having a good visit with the family, a couple of his friend's sisters he has not seen in over 20 years. He said PLAN to be here until Wed. just in case cause he doesn't know when he will get back, so, I went home and filled my scrap cart and I am going to *try* to get some scrapping done!! My girlfriend is coming over for the night to watch movies and hang out tonight, but I rarely watch a movie without scrapping through it so that's probably what I'll end up doing!

I'm wondering...what is everyone's weather doing today? We stepped out the door earlier and I nearly fell over from the heat!! Drastic change from the three days of rain and COLD that we just had!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  jscraps4u Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:32 am

Good to hear Steph.

Our weather is mild heat-wise, mid-80's today. Kelly and her friend played for a couple of hours on the slip and slide yesterday. We have been getting a ton of rain this summer. Kelly asked if it was still spring!

I don't know if I'll get any scrapping done today. Today I will be cleaning the house top to bottom. We have a home study update tomorrow...the social worker will be over around 2:30. So, clean is my mantra today... Yea Ra! I hate cleaning. So, the faster I get it done, the sooner I can go back to scrapping.
jscraps4u
jscraps4u
Design Team Member
Design Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:06 am

What aweful news Steph and hope that Brian is doing ok! Shel how exciting that Martha is coming for a visit...what fun!! Hope you girls all have a great day, whatever your plans may be...it is supposed to be hot and sunny today around 82-84...so looks like the kids will want to be outside all day cooling off in the pool...guess that is where I will be too, enjoy your day girls!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:29 pm

Ugh, hope the cleaning goes quickly Janet! Have fun by the pool Jill!

I got a layout done last night! I usually have a hard time scrapping here so I'm excited, lol! It wasn't for the crop, but I will work on some more today! Thinking we are just going to stay indoors today, out of the sun and heat, and TRY to keep cool! One good thing about being here instead of home...the sun beats in my front window all morning and into the afternoon and turns my apartment into a sauna...Brian's windows face a different direction, plus one is under the upstairs balcony, and the other has a big tree in front of it, so it makes it a LOT easier to stay cool here than at home!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  xhater Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Steph, I hope that Brian has an easy time getting through these days of sadness. Michelle, I hope that you and Martha are having a good time together visiting. I have done just a page Saturday and one today. I am feeling tired after the business of the past week. Trying to finish up the remaining LOs I still have to do for the crop and I hope to get back on track next week since some minor family problems have finally ironed themselves out. I hope everyone has been having a fun and productive weekend.
xhater
xhater
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2443
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:06 am

Sorry for Brian's loss Steph. I'm sure visiting with his family helps.
It's been warm but nice here all week. Which has been a blessing because I've been helping the kids move. I haven't had much time to scrap this weekend. It's really kind of sad. I went over tonight to help him put the girls room together (they're going to love it). It's going to be hard to get used to them NOT living here anymore. They're only moving about 1/2 mile away so it's silly I know.
I'm hoping to get at least one more challenge done before the deadline. That will depend on how much help they need tomorrow. Lots of great inspiration in the gallery! Great work ladies!!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  scrapadoodler Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:49 am

Sorry to hear about Brian's friend, Steph! I hope he's coping okay with things.......I know it can be really hard!! Let him know he is in our thoughts and prayers!

Well, I didn't get any scrapping totally finished this weekend.......I was planning on it, but then hubby up and decided he was going out with a friend on saturday, and then off to do a few things on sunday.........he doesn't normally do stuff like this, so, he's entitled, lol!! That meant that mommy had to stay home with Julie and Rachel, as always, and not get any scrappy time............... well, last night when daddy got home, I went straight to my table and at least started a layout!! lol!! I hope to get that done and a couple others done today!!
scrapadoodler
scrapadoodler
Poor Cinderella
Poor Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post  luvalotmum Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:20 am

Soooo sorry to hear about Brian's friend, Steph... .... Glad to see the crop went (is going) well!
luvalotmum
luvalotmum
Design Team Member
Design Team Member

Number of posts : 324
BLOG: : http://luvalotland.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2009-05-14

http://luvalotland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jscraps4u Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:42 pm

Hey ladies...sorry that I haven't been chatty. I spent the ENTIRE day cleaning my house yesterday which spilled into this morning. I got all my cropping done on Saturday, but didn't get a chance to upload until now.

The social worker for my home study update was supposed to be here at 2:30...she's late.

Anyway...will chat more tomorrow!
jscraps4u
jscraps4u
Design Team Member
Design Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:29 pm

I hate waiting for people, especially when you worked your butt off to be ready for them...hope she wasn't TOO late Janet, and that the visit went well!

I don't think it's silly at all Berta, when you are used to them always being around, 24 hours a day, it is going to be an adjustment! Hope the rest of the moving goes smoothly!

Thanks for the thoughts for Brian ladies, I will pass them along when I talk to him!

I have been managing to get a bit of scrapping done. Today we went to swimming lessons bright and early, home to pick up a few things and send a couple emails I couldn't send from here cause I didn't have the addresses, came back here and had a nap, and now I need to make some supper. THEN I have a layout on the table that wants to be finished and an idea brewing that wants to get out onto a page, so I'm hoping to stick Austin in front of a movie and get those done.
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Steph, sorry to hear about Brian's friend - sad - everyone sounds busy - I was only able to get one layout finished for this crop - been crazy busy around here - I worked 12 hour shifts during the weekend and today I spent it hanging out with my 3 year old and we had a great day - she is pooped out - laying on the couch next to me - perfect evening!! hope everyone is doing well! michelle m
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2014
BLOG: : http://michelle-imaginethat.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down