Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October Guest Designer

+2
Willow
stephster17
6 posters

Go down

October Guest Designer Empty October Guest Designer

Post  stephster17 Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:51 pm

This month's wonderful guest designer is someone we can always count on to take a challenge, lol! I am pleased to have KAREN aka Xhater as our Guest Designer this month!! Here is what Karen had to say when I asked her to share a little about herself with us...

I have been scrapbooking on and off for about six or seven years. I started off slowly with little skill and few supplies but became hooked after a few years of trial and error and lots of scrapbook shopping. Two years ago, I tried altering only to discover that it was basically nothing more than recycling. I was familiar with recycling because when I was a Hippie, we recycled everything. Shortly after, I started making ATCs (Artist’s Trading Cards). I began to make digital pages which are fun but I like the tactile feel of the materials on my LOs and probably would have no interest in printing a completed page.

I really don’t know what my main style is since I like doing a variety of different things. I do like a “clean” look, uncluttered and easy to look at, but I have done pages that have so many items that the base cardstock is almost hidden. I love to make mini albums and have about 12 in different sizes. I love to try different techniques and use new products. I have completed several general scrapbooks but have several themed albums in progress (like heritage, DS high school days, my kids, grandkids, and BOM. I prefer to scrap using a challenge for inspiration. My bad points are not putting completed pages into albums (I have piles of them), not keeping my supplies organized and having a large scrapping area that looks like a tornado hit it!

I love scrapping because it is a real stress-reducer for me and can’t wait until I have time to work on a page. I love Sassy because not only there are crops, contests and challenges from the DT, but the charm challenges are so varied and are not time structured.

Last edited by stephster17 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

October Guest Designer Empty Re: October Guest Designer

Post  Willow Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:40 pm

Congratulations Karen! So happy to have you guest designing this month. It's so great to learn more about you. dancing
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Number of posts : 3896
BLOG: : www.vsws.typepad.com
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:31 pm

Woohoo! Congrats Karen! Have fun!!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  xhater Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:11 pm

Thank you, everyone! This is such a cool thing to be asked to do, especially with October's awesome new sponsor! I am fighting with my older sister this week as she has been evicted from her house mainly because she won't do anything to help herself. She may be getting a loan from a friend or moving to the condo that the friend is trying to sell. This weekend is going to be stressful but it will be over soon. Monday, she will not be able to get into the house so it forced her to do something. I am going to NEED the crop this weekend to relax. I am trying to work on the Reveal also. I think October is trying to be like March. It is "coming in like a lion", & hopefully "going out like a lamb." rofl
xhater
xhater
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2443
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:02 am

YAY Karen!!! Congrats! It's great hearing more about you and so glad you're enjoying the challenges here! October Guest Designer 560577
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:59 pm

awesome Mom.. You ol hippie! laugh

meterr
Snow White