Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Play!!! Dec. 19-21 crop/chat - yeah!!!!

+5
scrappyshel
redd1977
jillybean66
Deanna
911 scrapper
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Let's Play!!! Dec. 19-21 crop/chat - yeah!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Play!!! Dec. 19-21 crop/chat - yeah!!!!

Post  911 scrapper Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:49 pm

Hi Deanna, Jill, Michelle and all - hope everyone is getting to do what they want this busy weekend before Christmas - I just got back from running errands in our little town - 4wd is the name of the day here in WI!!!! - Found out some great news at our local Dollar General - if we get in a bind, we can buy our older kids a Visa Bank Card to go with their gifts we have gotten them so far. Every year I say I am going to be done early, but no, not this year - but I picked up a little stocking stuffers!!! - I did a little scrapping/organizing my room this morning while Julia was sitting at her scrap desk and lo and behold - she was writing on her face with a marker - her and I added sb stickers to her bucket of crayons - how crafty is that lol! - take care all!!! michelle m cheer
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Number of posts : 2014
BLOG: : http://michelle-imaginethat.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Let's Play!!! Dec. 19-21 crop/chat - yeah!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Play!!! Dec. 19-21 crop/chat - yeah!!!!

Post  Sherri L Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:25 pm

So snowy today I think I'll start scrappin. Took the kiddos to see santa they liked that. Well see you back here.
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:01 pm

ok, so I totally missed the hour to yourself challenge! I did sit down with a cup of tea and a BIG slice of birthday cake last night and managed to get a couple of cards made...does that count? I think I am going to take a bath tonight, if I can get Austin to bed at a decent hour.

Jill...I don't think they did give me strong enough stuff. The Dr. seemed overly concerned about giving me anything that would impair my judgement, lol!! I guess since I dragged my three year old to the emergency room with me for two hours it was apparent that I am on my own! He gave me something that is a Tylenol3 without the cafeine. I just took two of them about twenty minutes ago and still nothing. Will definitely be asking my own Dr. for something stronger when I see him on Tuesday!

We're home for the day, trying to get my baking done so I can get my baskets finished. Austin helped me get the Nanaimo bars done so far, they are in the fidge "setting". Gotta love Nanaimo bars in a box, lol, had them done in about twenty minutes. Now I need to track down recipes for the other bars I like to make and shortbread cookies, since I have my favorite recipes written in my Christmas planner which I left at Brian's this morning with my cards. Doh!

I might be able to get the finish a project challenge done tonight, I have some ornaments half finished with my stuff down at Brian's that I wanted to get done and add to my baskets, so maybe I will work on those tonight!

Have a great day ladies!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:37 pm

I got 2 challenges done will post them soon. So do I need to have the before and after if I'm adding Journaling.

Michelle M, my DH and I used to drive Amish all the time to Eau Claire. I liked that scenic trip.
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:40 pm

We've been baking all day and made a gingerbread house with Kaylee. Got some wrapping done but still more to do and then need to decorate some of the cookies we made today.

We're having our Christmas with the kids and grandkids tomorrow as that worked out well for everyone to be here then.
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:58 pm

i SWEAR i left a post here but is gone!! lol! that or else im going nuts! i was asking if the challenges are for us to scraplift the cool example layouts?

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:04 pm

Terri... there's a different thread with the challenges.... it's:
https://sassyscrappers.darkbb.com/weekend-crop-chats-f14/dec-19-dec-21-crop-chat-info-thread-t3015.htm

Here are the challenges:
Challenge #1
Easy - you already have one of these layouts - choose one of your earlier layouts that doesn't have any journaling - one that you would like to add journaling to - so that someday you can read back about that moment - it can be hidden journaling; journaling around a photo or around the edge of something - just as long as it's journaling. Easy, huh?

Challenge #2
Use red cardstock
rub-on on your choice
2 or more brads
1 photo
1 or 2 pp
embellishment of your choice
journaling

Challenge #3
cardstock color of your choice
3 or more pp
stamping of your choice
1 photo

Challenge#4
Finish up a project of your choice - I leave it up to you!!!! - Just let us know what you are working on and that you are getting a chance to finish it!!!

Challenge #5 and my favorite!!! It's all about pampering ourselves!!!!
You will need:
you time, no one else, all by yourself! - about an hour
quiteness
your guilty pleasure
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:51 pm

Guess I did the #5 challenge...I had an hour to myself just to read..my romance book, I finished it too! Now I hope I get some time to do something crafty tonight...anything I tell you and I will be happy.

Sounds like you are getting a ton of stuff done Steph, even with the pain you are in...making baskets up, baking and doing my ornaments and stuff is totally awesome. Deanna sounds like you got to get some baking in too!! Wish I was good at cooking or baking...but I suck at both...guess I need to really practice. I tell you I am good at eating though...made myself sick on the cookies a co-worker brought in, they were so yummy!!!

Sherri...can't wait to see your projects and those Santa pictures...isn't it the best. I should post mine..back in a sec!

Let's Play!!! Dec. 19-21 crop/chat - yeah!!!! - Page 2 CSC_0384

Nicky and Jessica with Santa!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:24 pm

Your santa lookes so real. Ours needed a hair cut bad.
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:30 pm

That is such a CUTE photo Jill!!!

Got some 7-layer bars done, they are cooling on the counter now. Was going to do some shortbread too, but it is getting too late, we are going to have to go back to Brian's soon, so we will be home again tomorrow to get those done. Found out two pills makes me nautious, and only slightly dulls the pain. Yippee! Rolling Eyes Baskets are out on the table, got a few things in them so far, should be able to finish them up tomorrow. Now it's time to pack up for the night...need to remember the extra blanket, I cannot find Brian's extras anywhere and it is VERY cold!!!! Supposed to get more snow tomorrow. This is very unusual for us, we usually get a big dump of snow, followed by a day of rain that turs it all to slush, and then it's gone. But we have actually had snow on the ground for a week now, and there's apparently more coming...it's supposed to stick around long enough to have a white Christmas!!!! :santa: It does make for rough going, I have slipped and fallen twice, but I still love it!

Have a great night ladies! Chat with you tomorrow!!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:32 pm

Sherri L wrote:Your santa lookes so real. Ours needed a hair cut bad.

They have been using this man for a few years now...and he is the real deal...it is all real the beard and all, they fly him in from somewhere out west...he is really awesome too! Glad you enjoyed the picture!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Ok here is my Challenge #3. don't know why it is so small
Let's Play!!! Dec. 19-21 crop/chat - yeah!!!! - Page 2 Sherri_pics_085

Last edited by Sherri L on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri L Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Oh and here is my #1 Challenge. I added Journaling on it.
Let's Play!!! Dec. 19-21 crop/chat - yeah!!!! - Page 2 Sherri_pics_084
Sherri L
Sherri L
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:00 pm

Well you ladies have really been busy. I love all the layouts.

I am working on one now and I have been working on my calendar to get it done.

Jill, I loved your Santa. The Santa Sherri's kids seen was funny. He had too much hair and couldn't see, he finally put his hat on just before the kids went up to him. I wish he would have had glasses tho.

Hope you get feeling better Steph.
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:50 pm

What a wonderful picture Jill!!! They look so cute!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:50 pm

hey all - Thanks Michelle for doing a "copy and paste" thing for the challenges from the other thread - that helps - thanks lol! Everyone's layouts are looking great - I hope this is relaxing and enjoyable to you all - I worked on my challenge #1 - I added some journaling to my dull looking layout and added a few embellishments while I was at it lol!

Steph - your bars sound YUMMY!!! Jill - that Santa is so "real" looking!! Our little girl made the local paper in the Christmas section - there was a whole page of kids sitting on Santa's lap - and she was one of them cheer - when she was 3 months old, she made the 1st page sitting on Santa's lap - superstar - lol! I am going up to my scraproom now - I don't want to come out!!!(I have to dress extra warm - it's cold here in WI and it's getty very windy out - blowing snow and we have a 100 year old home - brrrrr) take care all!!! michelle m
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:11 pm

It dropped into the deep freeze here today too.... BRRR... blowing flurries... yuck.

But, at least it's not bad as far as precipitation... lol.
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:35 pm

got the callenges!! thanx!
jill, i love your DDs dress!! did you buy it or make it? the fabric is awesome!!!

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi TERR - glad to see you here!!! Hope you are having a great weekend! Michelle M
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:18 pm

meterr wrote:got the callenges!! thanx!
jill, i love your DDs dress!! did you buy it or make it? the fabric is awesome!!!

I can't sew to save my life...I bought it from one of those awesome ebay sewers...I try and buy her special dresses for the holidays. In the past she has had halloween, valentine and easter dresses as well...but UGH...she is growing out of them all! Makes me sad that my little girl is growing up!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  meterr Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:44 pm

its adorable!!! id love to learn to sew like those ebay boutique sellers!! dresses would be easier than boys clothes, but my "little girl" is 18!!! guess i could sew her some things teens would think is cool!

im working on 2 projects right now, and going to watch a NASA dvd and read (the me time challenge).. if lie settles down! Brit has a few friends over and Lies trying to be the life of the party!

meterr
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:32 pm

Sounds like you are real busy Terri...I finally scrapped a page this weekend...so have to be happy with that...Yipeeeee dancing , will post it tomorrow when I get a chance!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:10 am

Good Sunday Morning ladies!!!!

How is your Sunday shaping up? I actually don't have much planned.... there is laundry to get in, but don't know if I'm gonna do that. LOL... I'm off Christmas eve and day.... and it looks like I might get either tomorrow or Tuesday off too..... so there's plenty of time to do laundry.

Still have a dollhouse to put together Smile
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:12 am

Was supposed to take the kids christmas shopping to buy presents for each other today...but the weather is really bad...lots of rain/sleet...just yuck, so think will have to put it off a day and go after school tomorrow...no way I am dragging them all out in this weather! I have to do laundry too and go to a kindergarten breakfast on Monday, will try to finish up my shopping then as I had to take the whole day off of work to do that. Have to work, tuesday and Wednesday...then will be off for a nice four day weekend. Can't believe it is almost here and I am not done shopping and no wrapping done either...UGH!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  911 scrapper Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:09 am

Hello and good morning - I have my challenges done cheer - All photographed, just need to be downloaded on to my laptop - will do that a little later - we woke up to more snow - dh is out there snowblowing - we are going to do a little mini "clean sweep" of Julia's toys - going to go through and donate some of her books, the baby toys (sad) - our grandchildren are almost 2 and they don't play with them either, and put away some of her others - she doesn't have alot, being a later in life child, but she seems to do just fine with what she has - I asked her older siblings not to go overboard with her - put the $ in her bank account or donate to someone who would need it more - we are thinking of hitting the stores later, but with it being so cold out, we don't want to be hauling a 3 year old in and out of her car seat - so we might ask my in-laws to watch her for a few hours and just get it done! - Still wanting to organize my scrap room - trying to find that "right" place for all my tools (not that I have alot) but where I can just sit and reach for them - it will probably never happen - but that's o.k. - scrapping is much more fun!! take care all and have a great weekend!!! I have some nice RAK's to give away! michelle m
911 scrapper
911 scrapper
The Impractical Joker
The Impractical Joker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next