Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's time to crop and chat!!! 7/25 *RAK Winner: Martha*

+8
walkawalkadog
scrappyshel
Berta
Willow
mmeier
Deanna
jscraps4u
Tammyscraps
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

It's time to crop and chat!!!  7/25 *RAK Winner: Martha* Empty It's time to crop and chat!!! 7/25 *RAK Winner: Martha*

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:10 pm

I don't know about you, but I'm glad it's Friday!! What a week and it's still not over! We're going to be running out in a few to pick up a few last minute things for my dd for camp. Unfortunately, I won't be around in the morning because we have to drive to Mass to drop her off, but I'll be here as soon as I get home tomorrow. I've got to get the troops here something for dinner, help dd finish packing and my parents are stopping by tonight so I'll be on and off.

So anyway, here's the challenge for the weekend. My hint was summer and presents. That's because we're going to do a little "Christmas in July" themed challenge!

My challenge is for you to create a Christmas layout. But there's a catch: No Christmas papers or embellishments. You can use whatever cardstock you want, but I'd like to see 2 patterned papers that aren't Christmas themed or related.

In my example I used Scenic Route, Anna Griffin and Webster Pages pp, and matted the pictures with silver vellum.

It's time to crop and chat!!!  7/25 *RAK Winner: Martha* 1996xmasweb

Everyone who completes this challenge will have their name put in the drawing for a RAK, which I'll get to in a minute.

As a bonus, if you also create a non-Christmas layout USING Christmas paper, you'll have your name put in twice.
It's time to crop and chat!!!  7/25 *RAK Winner: Martha* Lucky13web

So here's your RAK for this weekend's crop:

It's time to crop and chat!!!  7/25 *RAK Winner: Martha* BB206_cogsmo

If you haven't used this yet, it's awesome. I'm in the middle of creating a mini-album using this Blackboard, and of course, robots are really hot right now!

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all create with this challenge!! And don't we all have tons of Christmas pictures to scrap???

Have fun with this!

Due Monday 7/29 midnight PST

Michelle 1
Maureen 1
Deanna 1/2
Martha 1/2
Berta 1
Linda 1
Jill 1

Last edited by Tammyscraps on Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:44 pm; edited 5 times in total

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

It's time to crop and chat!!!  7/25 *RAK Winner: Martha* Empty Re: It's time to crop and chat!!! 7/25 *RAK Winner: Martha*

Post  jscraps4u Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:15 pm

WOW...is it Friday already!!! I'm soo tired of doing yard work! Yet, this weekend that is all I'll be doing. We are still cleaning up from the storm that passed through Monday morning (you can see pictures of the damage on my blog -- last 2 posts). We are trying to get everything done by the 31st 'cause we leave for vacation on the 1st! So, I don't know if I'll get any cropping in this weekend. I hope all of you have a great time. What a cool challenge to kick it off!!!

Last edited by jscraps4u on Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
jscraps4u
jscraps4u
Design Team Member
Design Team Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-02-19

http://www.jpaluga.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

It's time to crop and chat!!!  7/25 *RAK Winner: Martha* Empty Re: It's time to crop and chat!!! 7/25 *RAK Winner: Martha*

Post  Deanna Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:15 pm

YES, I definitely have lots of Christmas photos that need scrapped and great example and rak! I'll get to work on it! YAY! Party Time! dancing dance
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mmeier Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:27 pm

Sounds WONDERFUL!! I have pictures that I have been meaning to scrap but haven't.......so this will work perfectly!!

Love the rak, fun fun!

Thanks for the challenge!
mmeier
mmeier
Sally Swing
Sally Swing

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Willow Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:35 pm

Tammy, what a wonderful challenge. I love the idea (both of them!!). And what a great prize!

Janet, sorry to hear that you've had such terrible weather. Off to check out your blog.
Willow
Willow
Betty Boop's Penthouse
Betty Boop's Penthouse

Number of posts : 3896
BLOG: : www.vsws.typepad.com
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:51 pm

Wow, Janet, that storm really did a number!! So sorry you have to deal with that. Hope you get to relax on your vacation.
My granddaughters are taking over my computer so it's hard to get on here. I have Christmas photos that I need to scrap so this is a great challenge.
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:37 pm

TGIF as I'm looking forward to a mello weekend. We are off for dinner then I'm coming home to scrap away

Great challenge Tammy. Love the RAK. I've seen them and thought about getting some to play with.

Janet, wow thats alot of work to clean up. Hope you get it all done before vacation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:55 pm

oh NO, Janet that was some storm! I bet you're excited to get away on vacation!
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:39 pm

I'm back from our running, ready to get started on scrapping.

Who else is already scrapping tonight with me?

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:56 pm

Janet that was some storm!! Wow! Glad your okay though and hope you get it all done before your vaca!!

Maureen, hoping to get at least one done tonight. We're back from running errands, and I made pizza for dinner, everyone's happy now. Just waiting for my mom and dad to stop by then I'll be heading up to my scrap room!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:03 pm

We're having homemade pizza too, Tammy. YUM! dancing I got started on the first part of your challenge. Not so difficult but not sure about the other part yet. LOL lol!
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:13 pm

Hi ya'll!!!

I think I got my second wind finally... making dinner now and gonna see if I can make it to my room this evening...

we're going to Six Flags tomorrow... so I've gotta get my scrap on tonight!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:37 pm

I'm still working on the second part of the challenge too!! I've got a ton of Xmas paper scrapping and trying to decide how I want to use them!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  walkawalkadog Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:17 pm

great challenges and love your example Tammy - can't wait to see your other one!
walkawalkadog
walkawalkadog
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 909
BLOG: : http://christinascreativecorner.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:23 pm

scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:29 pm

Tammy , I've got a question for ya. Can we use a Christmas title? I have got the page done stuck on a title so I wanted to check

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:08 pm

Wow!! Michelle and Maureen awesome job!! Love the papers you chose to use! Doesnt it feel great to get Xmas pages done??? We have so many pictures I get overwhelmed everytime I look at them! As you can see, those pictures were 12 years old! Yikes!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:15 pm

I was gonna try to wipe out another one like this but stuck for paper to match the pic decent enough. So on to other stuff lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:20 pm

I'm headed upstairs to work on the other part of the challenge! Hopefully I'll be able to finish before something else comes up here tonight!!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:25 pm

Thanks bunches Tammy... I'm not gonna get the second part done tonight.. Sunday night is my next time to possibly scrap.... We are leaving in the morning for Six Flags/camping..... we'll be back Sunday afternoon. BUT... I am taking my laptop and I got wireless access (cellular type), so I can surf while DH drives the 2 1/2 hours Smile LOL... LOVE it!!!

But, it'll take a little time before I'm comfortable driving a 32 foot RV......
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolemartel Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Hi all. I'm so glad it's Friday too!! Been a long week! I just packed my Memory Makers masters call layouts, ready to mail tomorrow Smile We'll see what happens. I'd be seriously shocked if i got picked... but hopefully one will get picked to be published at least Smile
nicolemartel
nicolemartel
Riding The Rails
Riding The Rails

Number of posts : 423
BLOG: : www.nicolemartel.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Sounds fun Michelle!! And I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to be driving a big thing like that around either!! Nicole it's so good to see you again! Good luck!!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Duh, I'm such a blond sometimes!! Forgot to say that I just got my layout done for the second part of the challenge!! I'll try to get a picture of it in the morning before we leave!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:21 pm

I am almost finished with my second layout of the night. But stopped scrapping to spend some time with Hubby and Devin. He has to work tommorrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next