Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7/18 Weekend Crop & Chat! *RAK Winner: Jill*

+9
jillybean66
redd1977
Tammyscraps
jscraps4u
stephster17
scrappyshel
mmeier
Berta
Deanna
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

7/18 Weekend Crop & Chat! *RAK Winner: Jill* Empty 7/18 Weekend Crop & Chat! *RAK Winner: Jill*

Post  Deanna Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Welcome to the Weekend Crop & Chat! clapping

o.k. I gave you a hint about hearts and here's my challenge.

Make a layout with some type of heart made from flowers. This can be a tiny heart used as an accent, a huge heart that covers the whole page, etc. Any type of heart made from any type of flowers. Can be silk, cutwork, paper, any type flowers. You can add other accents in with your flowers, like buttons, brads, felt, etc. It doesn't have to be 'only flowers', but must include flowers.

Let's see what you can come up with and I'll draw a random winner for a rak from me. :cheer:
This is due by 8am EST Monday, July 21!

Any questions, just post here. Most of all......have FUN with this!!! dance

Here's my example and I used a medium size heart made from flowers and brads.
http://sassyscrapbooksisters.byethost13.com/displayimage.php?pos=-2447
7/18 Weekend Crop & Chat! *RAK Winner: Jill* Our_Sweetie

Last edited by Deanna on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

7/18 Weekend Crop & Chat! *RAK Winner: Jill* Empty Re: 7/18 Weekend Crop & Chat! *RAK Winner: Jill*

Post  Berta Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Great challenge, Deanna! This will be fun! I love hearts so it should be easy peasy!!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

7/18 Weekend Crop & Chat! *RAK Winner: Jill* Empty Re: 7/18 Weekend Crop & Chat! *RAK Winner: Jill*

Post  mmeier Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:25 pm

great challenge deanna!!
Have to get thinking to see if I have a sweet pic somewhere Smile

love your LO! Great bright colors! cute pictures too!
mmeier
mmeier
Sally Swing
Sally Swing

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:39 pm

What a wonderful challenge!!! I'll be working on it!!!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Great challenge Deanna!! And love your layout too!!

We are just stopping home for a quick pit stop to drop stuff off, and we are heading out again...if I can find my keys that is!! We had to leave the house open when we left earlier or we would have missed our connection on the bus...I have a feeling little fingers had something to do with the disappearance, cause I know I saw them out in the open somewhere last night! frustrated
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jscraps4u Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:01 pm

What a cool challenge!! I love your example!
jscraps4u
jscraps4u
Design Team Member
Design Team Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-02-19

http://www.jpaluga.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:31 pm

Great challenge. I love the layout you did very pretty.....

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to seeing what YOU come up with! dancing
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:45 pm

Oh wow! What a great challenge! I know I have plenty of flowers laying around!! Not sure if I'll get to it tonight though, I pooped and in pain!! I was trying to eat a sandwich at lunch time, opened my mouth and my jaw made an awful clicking sound. It's happened to me before, but I've always got it to click back into place, but this time I couldn't. So ended up going to the ER to have it looked at, figured they could just pop it back into place. But they tell me I have TMJ and all they can do is give me something for the pain and anti-inflammatories to bring the swelling down. My jaw is where it's supposed to be, but it twisted out of place and inflammed the area that's why I can't open or close it. Grr. So now I have to call my dentist monday to look at it and see if anything can be done, like a night guard? Not sure what that is. Anyways, not a great start to the weekend, but on the other hand, gets me out of going to any baseball games this weekend dancing

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:57 pm

Oh my goodness Tammy!!! That sounds like a bad way to start a Weekend!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Well, we are at the campsite...my internet is a little slow, but still connnecting.... BUT, I'm here... and it's starting to rain!!! SO, I don't feel bad about being inside the RV and on the computer!!! Tee hee Smile
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:11 pm

oh no, Tammy! That sounds painful! Hope it feels better real soon!

Michelle, how's the new camper goin'? It seems the rain and camping always go together. Hopefully, it just rains at night and clears up by morning and it isn't too muddy.
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Tammy that sounds so painful, I feel bad for you. Hope your not in a lot of pain now.

Deanna, that layout is beautiful.
redd1977
redd1977
Moderator and Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 4798
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:30 pm

What a beautiful layout Deanna...hope I get a chance to try this out!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:37 pm

So sorry Tammy! I had that happen to me but our insurance doesn't cover TMJ.. It was several weeks but it did finally work itself back to normal. Does your insurance cover this?

Michelle, what a bummer about the rain. But at least you're not in a tent!!

Here's what I did for the challenge.
7/18 Weekend Crop & Chat! *RAK Winner: Jill* 1346
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:48 pm

Great challenge Deanna. I'll be doing this in the am for sure. Have some fun photos to work with from vacation.

Tammy~sorry to hear about your jaw. Hope your insurance covers it

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:10 pm

Oh not Tammy!!! I hope the pain goes away quickly! My mom has to wear a night guard because she grinds her teeth while she is sleeping (stress) and it is kind of like a mouth guard that athletes wear.

Michelle, have fun scrappin in the new camper! LOL!!

Love your layout Berta!!!

We are home! Obviously, lol! We are both just pooped right out, Austin is in the tub now then he is going straight to bed! What a long day! BUT, I did get 100 photos printed at WalMart today, and got a few new goodies both at the LSS and at WalMart, so I am ready to scrap!! After I take some pain killers, lol! I will be so glad when I don't need those anymore!!! dancing
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:07 am

Berta, that's a beautiful heart with all the pretty flowers! YAY! Our first taker! clapping :cheer: :cheer:
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:55 am

Berta that is just gorgeous!!!! Deanna, is it okay if we take our flowers apart when making the heart? Thanks for the well wishes everyone!! It's a little better today, just very sore, so I suspect in a couple days I should be back to normal. Truthfully, I never knew I had TMJ so that's something I'll have to talk to the dentist about monday. I certainly hope insurance covers something!!! Steph, I think this has a lot to do with stress!! I do catch myself grinding my teeth sometimes. Anyway, hubby is getting ready to leave for his state championship baseball games and will be gone all weekend!!!! Scrappy time for me!!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:46 am

Great work Berta!!! You are fast on the draw this weekend!!

Well... we had a great night... rain did not bother us at all.... watched a movie and went to bed. DH went to feed our dogs (we are camping only about 2 miles from home actually...) and pick up a few things and I'm gonna go take the kiddos to the playground in a bit.... gonna try and snap a few pics too Smile

Gonna have some scrap time this afternoon in the heat of the day!

See ya'll later Smile
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:14 am

Tammy, yes you can take your flowers apart. Can't wait to see what you're working on! :cheer:
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:15 am

Michelle, you're not far from home at all! LOL Hope you have a great camping weekend! :cheer:
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:17 am

Berta...you are amazing, fast and a beautiful layout!!! Tammy so sorry about the TMJ, I had it in my early 20's and they say it can happen at any time, just by opening your mouth to wide, grinding your teeth etc....I had to wear a plate or it looks like a retainer...I had to wear my during the day and night for months...I had such pain in my ear and dizziness that I thought I had a severe ear infection! Cross my fingers and knock on wood, I haven't had it come back! I hope you are not in to much pain and the dentist finds that you only have a mild case!

Steph sounds like you had a fun day, new pictures and goodies is always A+++ on my list of a stellar day!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:19 am

great challenge and layout Deanna!

love the layout Berta!

Ouch Tammy! I hope you feel better soon!
Penny
Penny
Poor Cinderella
Poor Cinderella

Number of posts : 197
BLOG: : http://penny-randomthoughts.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:11 am

Great minds think alike Tammy, lol! I have a feeling I know why you asked about taking the flowers apart...since I was going to ask the same question!! lol! Can't wait to see what you do!

I am checkin in real quick and we are heading down to the big parade today! Then we need some groceries and are coming home...it is too hot to hang out down there all day! As much as Austin would love to, lol!

Have a great day ladies! Happy scrappin!!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Back to top Go down

Post  redd1977 Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:15 am

Berta that is very pretty. I am going to my daughter, Tammy's but hopefully I will be able to get it done tomorrow when I get back. Have fun ladies.
redd1977
redd1977

Number of posts : 4798

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next