Sassy Scrappers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7/4 Crop & Chat (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda*

+8
Penny
Tammyscraps
stephster17
walkawalkadog
Scrappin Amy
jillybean66
Deanna
Berta
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

7/4 Crop & Chat  (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda* Empty 7/4 Crop & Chat (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda*

Post  Berta Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:21 pm

(So sorry ladies! I did this this morning but forgot to bump it with a reply...I just now noticed it)

I want to thank you all for taking my challenge and for joining in on the chat this weekend! It was fun! The winner of a RAK from me is......

LINDA!!

Congrats Linda! Please PM your snail mail addy and I'll get this package out to you!

I know this is way early you all. But I'm not sure where I'll be this afternoon and evening. I want too get this started so those of you who are around on this beautiful holiday can check in and see what this weeks challenge is going to be. It's not a holiday challenge since we did that last weekend. But it's kind of fun, pretty easy and THERE"S A RAK INVOLVED!!

I've always got a big pile of scraps when I crop my photos. How about you? So instead of throwing them away I used them to make my title for this layout. It's such a cool effect. You can also turn those scraps into flowers, stars, etc. if you don't like hand cutting alphas. My challenge is for you to recycle those photo scraps and post your LO here by midnight Monday. I'll draw a name Tuesday morning for a RAK from me. Hope everyone has a great weekend I'll check in later to see how you all are doing.

Here's my LO

7/4 Crop & Chat  (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda* 854

Last edited by Berta on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

7/4 Crop & Chat  (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda* Empty Re: 7/4 Crop & Chat (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda*

Post  Deanna Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:11 pm

That's a very cool technique with the leftover photo scraps, Berta. I'll see what I can come up with. Weekend Party Time!!! dance
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Number of posts : 9293
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

7/4 Crop & Chat  (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda* Empty Re: 7/4 Crop & Chat (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda*

Post  jillybean66 Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:11 pm

That is a really cool page title Berta, I don't know where I will be, but not scrappin...kids want me to go cool off in the pool....so Mommy has to go...hope to chat with all you girls later!!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrappin Amy Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:18 pm

This will be such a fun challenge cause I have never thought
of doing this before.
Question I know you said its not holiday but can the page
be holiday....this would be very cool with like Christmas
and the photos turned into ornaments or something.
Scrappin Amy
Scrappin Amy
Owner and Design Team Member
Owner and Design Team Member

Number of posts : 4701
BLOG: : http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://www.scrappinamy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Scrappin Amy wrote:This will be such a fun challenge cause I have never thought
of doing this before.
Question I know you said its not holiday but can the page
be holiday....this would be very cool with like Christmas
and the photos turned into ornaments or something.

Sure, your page can be anything you want. I just meant my challenge wasn't specifically a Red White & Blue thing with this being 4th of July weekend. Sorry if I confused anyone.
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  walkawalkadog Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:49 pm

Great idea Berta! Not sure what I'll come up with......
walkawalkadog
walkawalkadog
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 909
BLOG: : http://christinascreativecorner.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:13 pm

Berta this is an awesome challenge!!! I have a HUGE list of stuff to work on this weekend, but I will definitely be trying to get to this!!!

I had a crappy day today and I am ready for a nap, lol, but since I don't think Austin will be into sleeping at 3 in the afternoon, I will scrap instead!! LOL!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Oh Berta I love this challenge!!! I actually have done this before using pictures that were duplicates or not good enough to scrap, and I did it on my Cricut, worked really well! I think I may try some flowers for this challenge though! dancing

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4198
BLOG: : http://tammy-tammyscraps.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:59 pm

great challenge!!
Penny
Penny
Poor Cinderella
Poor Cinderella

Number of posts : 197
BLOG: : http://penny-randomthoughts.blogspot.com/
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:38 pm

Well I actually sat down and got 2 pages done!! Since they are with my GD kit I won't be uploading them just yet, but I'm so happy I got the chance to scrap tonight, but now I'm pooped!! Too much sun I think!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:19 pm

Well, I had a quiet scrappy aternoon. Tonight I watched our neighbors light off fireworks with their kids. I'm sure most of you are already in bed and I'll probably be going that way here soon too. I'll be back tomorrow! Night!!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:20 am

Good morning! I love the challenge, Berta, and your layout is very pretty! The 4th was a very nice day for us. Kayla and I went grocery shopping in the morning and then we all had lunch. Ben arrived for the weekend. Jayme went to work and Amanda took all the kiddies to Joey's (other son) house. I stayed home and have been cleaning my room. I have too much stuff! Trying to use the Clean Sweep method and have actually tossed alot of stuff. But there's still lots more. I have no plans for today except more cleaning, laundry and scrapping. I have a few ideas for July's contest and want to get started on that. But for now, I think I'll go back to bed. I think I must have heard Jayme coming home in the wee hours (he closes the pub - hmm, that makes him sound like a lush, huh? Actually he works at the pub). See you in a few.
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappyshel Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:27 am

Mornin' ladies!! What's on the block for today??

We had a small dinner yesterday with Martha and the boys and then my family all fell asleep before we could go to the fireworks... DS is a bit disturbed this morning, but he was out cold last night. I'm probably gonna take them to see Wall-E sometime this weekend... DH has to cut grass.

Great challenge.. very inventive!
scrappyshel
scrappyshel
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5086
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:52 am

We took Kaylee to see Wall-E a couple days ago. She and DH thought it was o.k., but I fell asleep! LOL lol! So glad we get to go for free since my SIL is a manager there!

Since it was raining yesterday and DH worked last night, I think we may grill out today. Not alot on my schedule today other than I get my DGS Marcus today and keep him for a few days. That keeps me pretty busy.

Off to work on this challenge!
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:05 am

Here's mine! dancing

**I used a beachy photo I had printed out and then ended up not using and then I traced around Heidi Swapp ghost letters.

Cocoa Beach Cuties -
http://sassyscrapbooksisters.byethost13.com/displayimage.php?pos=-2170
7/4 Crop & Chat  (Happy 4th of July!!) *RAK Winner: Linda* Cocoa_Beach_Cuties
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:12 am

Oh that's wonderful Deanna! I love the way all the letters are blue and the S is a bit different, really makes it stand out!!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  jillybean66 Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:45 am

Deanna love your layout with all the paper layering and your watery title, just really awesome...still no scrapping here, keep falling asleep...and the kids just have so much engery they want to stay up all night...UGH!!!!
jillybean66
jillybean66
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Number of posts : 4428

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:04 am

Thanks ladies!!! bowing bowing
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:25 am

Hope you get some rest today Jill!! I am getting a big box of scrappy goodies in the mail today so Im kinda waiting for the mailman to get here before I head upstairs to me room. Hubby is gone for the whole day with his all-star team and DD is at her dads today, so I have a scrappy day for myself!! I guess I should spend some time cleaning my table off before I start though!

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:03 am

oh Tammy, how exciting about the new box of scrappy goodies! Have FUN!!! dancing

Change of plans for me.........I don't get my DGS until Monday so I get to scrap the entire weekend away!!! YAY!!! dance

But, I was looking forward to seeing the little guy. Haven't seen him for a few days anyway.
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammyscraps Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:20 am

Looks like we'll be scrapping together today Deanna! My scrappy goodies are here!

Has anyone used the Fancy Pants felt yet?? I just got a bunch of the girly shapes today! I'm so excited to work with it! dancing

Tammyscraps
Judge For A Day
Judge For A Day

Back to top Go down

Post  stephster17 Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:35 am

OMGoodness Deanna, that is the cutest photo!!! Your layout turned out awesome too!

Tammy, new goodies is exciting!!! I got one sheet of the felt quite a while ago and have used it a few times...would probably have used it all up by now if it wasn't orange, lol!!

Sounds like we have a lot of sleepy ladies this weekend, lol! I am sleepy too, but planning on scrapping my day away today! I got a layout done last night with the Prima Paintables, but I am really not happy with it, it's missing something and I can't figure it out! Oh well...going to go outside with my utility knife and get an album made!
stephster17
stephster17
Betty Boop For President
Betty Boop For President

Number of posts : 5711

http://mommy2austin.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:51 am

Thanks Steph! bowing

Tammy, I've used some of the FP felt but still have lots more to use up! Have FUN with it! I don't have the girly shapes.
Deanna
Deanna
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Berta Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:17 am

Woohoo Tammy and Deanna!! Getting a scrapppy day is ALWAYS good! I'm gonna clean my fridge and vacuum then I'm going to have a scrapppy afternoon too!!

Jill, don't you just love summer when it gets dark late and the kids don't know it's past bedtime!!! I totally relate when Tyeler and Paige are here. I don't like them outside by themselves and they stay up til all hours. They'll be home in a couple weeks and then I'll be joining you in the 'no time to scrap' club!! Hope you get some rest today!!

Deanna, your LO looks amazing!! Love how it turned out! I think I might try another one using lighter photos. I like the way yours looks!

Tammy, can't wait to see the LOs you did this weekend! Have fun with those new goodies! I've got some felt fusion coming any day now but haven't tried the Fancy Pants.

Steph, I hope you are having a much better day than yesterday. Your story almost made me cry too! I'm glad it ended with a happy experience at your LSS. Good luck with that album. When you say you're making your own, what are you making it out of?

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. It's beautiful here again (except for that lingering sulfur smell from last nights fireworks) and I'm enjoying the open doors and windows. It's supposed to get up to 110 next week so I better enjoy this mild weather while it lasts!!
Pray for CALIFORNIA though because we are still on fire and some new ones broke out yesterday. This is going to be a LONG summer!!!
Berta
Berta
Inspirational Team
Inspirational Team

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishD Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:01 pm

Deanna your layout is fabulous! Berta, I'll be keeping CA in my prayers that it will be a safe summer. It's overcast here today, but warm. The kiddies are washing an ottoman - can't get them to clean their rooms, but they are always up for playing in sudsy water. I am scrapping today, whoo hoo. Waiting for the mailman, I'm due some scrappy mail.
TrishD
TrishD
Snow White
Snow White

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next